RK Mechanical

www.rkmi.com
  www.rkmi.com
There are newer employer reviews for RK Mechanical

Amazing Place To Work!!!!!

Current Employee - Estimator in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Estimator in Denver, CO

I have been working at RK Mechanical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly working environment. Personally feedback and communication with upper management. Learning Opportunities. Free Apprenticeship Program. Amazing place to work.

Cons

Some tech issues, but getting solved. Very busy environment. New hires thrown into the fire quickly.

The work environment can get very busy and some new employees, especially the one right out college, can get thrown into the fire very quickly. Sort of a sink or swim tactic. Granted, this worked for me and it opens up so many possibilities for an employee to learn and grow, but some can find themselves overwhelmed in how fast paced the company can get. I would advise the application of a mentorship program on the office side of the company so new employees don’t find themselves drowning and lost in this busy environment. I have been given so many opportunities to grow in the company and I have been there for less than a year. If you do not find yourself advancing it is because you as an employee are not asking to advance. The management here at RK look for those that are dedicated and eager to learn, grow, advance, be inventive, and explore new ways the company grow. Without this drive, like many other large companies, the standard 8am-5pm employee will find themselves stuck in a loop and never get out of the rut they have created. Finally, management has always noticed the extra hours you put, and will even commented and take notice of this. You get noticed for the work you put in. It is that simple.

12 Other Employee Reviews for RK Mechanical (View Most Recent)

Bring Back Ron.

Former Employee - Pipefitting Project Foreman in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Pipefitting Project Foreman in Denver, CO

I worked at RK Mechanical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The paychecks never bounced and they almost always had work and OK equipment.

Cons

They always made promises they had no intention of keeping. I worked as a foreman for 3 years and made the company money only to see people promoted around me simply because of who they new or who their dad was.

I was not the only one doing the work and getting no credit for it, the seem to have a problem noticing with who put the hours in and who just talked the talk.

I think Rick really wished his dad had started something other than a construction company. He was always more in to investing in appearances than the people or equipment to do the job right. Case in point they spent thousands to redecorate the CAD department, but refused to replace the outdated broken down computers and network that the department ran on. He was also more concerned about forming alliances with general contractors than enforcing the safety culture he gave so much lip service to.

Stop with the promises and the two minutes hate, and actually take care of your people instead of just telling them how well you are taking care of them.

Ask your Dad to come back and help out for the third time, you may be good at building a business, but you should leave the operation to him.

Frustrating!! It"s a battle with poor Management

Current Employee - Level II HVAC Service Tech in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Level II HVAC Service Tech in Denver, CO

I have been working at RK Mechanical

Pros

There is some very professional,True Tradesmen in the service department. The company has been around so long that for the most part work is steady and the vehicles and equipment are new and for the most part in great shape

Cons

The biggest downside is very poor leadership. The managers have no training or skills in people communications and way to often close their ears and open their mouths when the opposite is what is needed. They fail to understand that respect is earned.

Close your mouths long enough to listen to what your people have to say!!. Exchange is the building blocks of growth!!. Install people that realize that we are there to perform services for our customer base and that your inability to separate your personal egos from that of your responsibility's of the well being of the companys ability to grow and prosper. Install a leader that can build a emploee base from the bottom up!!. That means recruit and train from the level 4 to the level 1. Loyalty is grown, not plugged in!!. You can not point to any current person because we do not have at this time a skilled leader in place capable of fostering such a program. The ten years gone by prove that !!. The lack of true tenured techs prove that!!. Let those that are good at policing if our vans are dirty or shirts tucked in do just that !!. Is it time for a change!. One would have to say yes when we look back on all the years gone by , and we can not show one tenured tech that came up from a 4 to a 1??. The unreal amount of turn over of techs!! Is it that they were all bad, That many bad ,Common sense would say no.If you would really look close i think you might find it is the fault of the those incharge. Those ivested with the responsibility to implement a program to grow a top notch, loyal work force!. Simple,Has the management done that?. If you look close and are honest,Leave your egos at the door!! What did you come up with for a answer?. In ten years you have developed how many top level techs. Was this really what you had for a answer when you put in place the current management team ten years ago??. Hope you answered no!!. Listen you too can learn.

There are newer employer reviews for RK Mechanical