Small entrepreneurial family type company

I have been working at RNSolutions full-time

Pros

Lots of group functions that celebrate holidays, birthdays, etc., we use any excuse to eat.. The location is right by the Metro and close to a variety of shopping. The management is generally relaxed, and the culture is one of self management. Nerf gun battles and foosball tournaments are not unheard of, however, customer commitments are still the first priority. The best thing about working here is the flexibility, but that probably depends on your manager. Although, I can't think of a manager that I would not like to work for, or that would not be flexible. The structure is pretty flat, so there is not a big hierarchy or too much bureaucracy.

Cons

Someone who likes a very structured environment may not thrive here. That is not to say, there is no structure. However, the culture is one of self management and "change is ok". There are processes documented, and anyone can update them. There may be some slackers, but I don't know them. Some people work harder than others, but that's the case anywhere. The company is not huge, so there are limited career opportunities.

The on-boarding process could be improved. When I first joined, I was told to look at the wiki, and received little direction.

Other Reviews for RNSolutions

Very laid back and open environment, tend to spend many weeks making even simple decisions.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Analyst in Rockville, MD

I have been working at RNSolutions

Pros

Flexible hours
    Nice managers
    Opportunities for advancement
    Closeness to managers
    Learning and growth promoted
    Great benefits

Cons

Management very indecisive
    Cronyism keeps a lot of incompetent people in the organization
    Bad communication, especially about what is expected of you

Management needs to do a better job of ensuring employees know what their roles are and how to achieve them. There is a lot of inconsistency and a lack of communication between departments. You could spend months working on a project then find out somebody else wants to do things differently and have to throw it all away.

There is also way too laid back of a culture. Some people come at 10 and leave at 3, then put 8's on their timesheet. I guess that's good if you're an employee though.

There are newer employer reviews for RNSolutions.

Worked for RNSolutions? Contribute to the Community!