There are newer employer reviews for RNSolutions

Small entrepreneurial family type company

I have been working at RNSolutions full-time

Pros

Lots of group functions that celebrate holidays, birthdays, etc., we use any excuse to eat.. The location is right by the Metro and close to a variety of shopping. The management is generally relaxed, and the culture is one of self management. Nerf gun battles and foosball tournaments are not unheard of, however, customer commitments are still the first priority. The best thing about working here is the flexibility, but that probably depends on your manager. Although, I can't think of a manager that I would not like to work for, or that would not be flexible. The structure is pretty flat, so there is not a big hierarchy or too much bureaucracy.

Cons

Someone who likes a very structured environment may not thrive here. That is not to say, there is no structure. However, the culture is one of self management and "change is ok". There are processes documented, and anyone can update them. There may be some slackers, but I don't know them. Some people work harder than others, but that's the case anywhere. The company is not huge, so there are limited career opportunities.

Advice to Management

The on-boarding process could be improved. When I first joined, I was told to look at the wiki, and received little direction.

Other Employee Reviews for RNSolutions

1. It's a brilliant place to work

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Columbia, MD

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, good renumeration and professional development opportunities

Cons

Not enough training for new employees

Advice to Management

Improve internal training

2. Mortgage Originator

Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator
    Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator

I worked at RNSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company helps out when they find customers in a great need financially which I find uncommon in this industry.

Cons

They have lost many very good people because of the underwriting and the time it takes to get the loans closed

Advice to Management

Work on underwriting conditions that don't make sense to the loan.