RRI Energy, Inc

www.genon.com

Great company to work for if you enjoy the energy business.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsGood employees, travel opportunities, lots of hands on experience for those wjho don't mind going out to the plant and getting their hands dirty. There are also lots of office jobs for cubicle engineers. They seem to make na effort to ensure that you like what you are doing. They also reward employees with bonuses and incentive packages when goals are met within your department. These goals are also very realistic.

ConsOny have fossil fuel generation assets which may hurt them down the line. I would like to see them become more diversified which woudl in turn lead to employees being more diversified. There is definatly an attitude that global warming is not a big concern except for the public opinion leading to tougher regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink your furture generation stragety. Fossil fuel is indeed an important part of the energy mix, but it will become more of a mix in the yeards ahead. Put yourself in a better position to take advantage of that.

Good benefits and environment..needs more skilled managers

Portfolio Valuation Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at RRI Energy, Inc

Pros: Very good benefits: 6% 401K match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (purchase stock at 85% of market value), good Health plan, affordable dental and vision,… Cons: Senior positions are often filled externally rather than internally. Post-Enron, the company invested much less in… Advice to Senior Management: Joel Staff, the CEO when I worked at Reliant, did a good job communicating with employees in his weekly voice mail. Also, giving away… More

Responsible staff, decent training for the most part, but lack of senior management skill or care.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at RRI Energy, Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: RRI is a large company with many departments so career movement is very possible. The… Cons: Lack of senior management skills in fixing problems seems to be a persistent issue. The economic environment of the company is… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication with employees is required to build trust, loyalty,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on RRI Energy, Inc.

Worked for RRI Energy, Inc? Contribute to the Community!