RRI Energy, Inc

Reliant Energy - Houston, Texas

Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at RRI Energy, Inc

ProsCompensation appears to in line with other companies in the energy industry. Location - if you enjoy working downtown.

ConsHard to get promoted. During my time at the company I have yet to see someone get promoted on my team and more senior positions are almost always filled externally. Although I was hired into the company at a fair compensation level, raises of more than 1 to 2.5% are hard to come by. Since NRG acquired the retail business in early 2009, Reliant has lost many of the perks that once made it a great place to work. Upper management is very out of touch with the rest of the organization and employee morale seems to be at an old time low -- making it a very challenging place to work day in and day out.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees and treat them like adults. There are many talented people capable of great work if given the opportunity.

Decent pay, but that's about it

Houston, TX

I have been working at RRI Energy, Inc

Pros: Salaries at Reliant still appear to be competitive with other… Cons: Since being purchased by NRG, Reliant Energy has lost all the advantages that kept employees coming back: scheduling flexibility, rewards program, generous sickleave. I… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people instead of just each other. I think many people have been staying put… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stressful, overworked and underpaid.

I have been working at RRI Energy, Inc

Pros: Health care benefits and 401K is the only good thing. Cons: New phone system implemented, firing 50+ productive individuals for allegedly… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to recognize agents that are actually working and holding up to the values… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on RRI Energy, Inc.

Worked for RRI Energy, Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RRI Energy, Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RRI Energy, Inc CEO Edward R. (Ed) Muller. All reviews posted anonymously by RRI Energy, Inc employees.