Travel Sales Representative

Current Employee - Travel Sales Representative in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)
Current Employee - Travel Sales Representative in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, new office Some co-workers add to the ambience Possibility to do some OT Not bad for a little while out of university

Cons

Leaders are largely incompetent, not helpful No chances to further yourself Pay is bad for the amount of work you do They fire employees who have been here 10+ years due to "restructuring" Feedback we give leads to nothing Everybody is looking for jobs elsewhere, understandably Good work goes unrecognized Very "cliquey" The few and far between higher positions are given to external candidates

Advice to Management

Promote from within Recognize good work Allow for higher compensation or commission Offer chance to further yourself Stop promoting your unqualified friends

Other Employee Reviews for RSA Group

Used to be great

Current Employee - Underwriter in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible working hours if your are on the correct contract and they are trying to change and grow.

Cons

Constant risk of redundancy. No ways to progress unless you know the right people. Overworked and underpaid in relation to the rest of the market, generally going down hill. They have no loyalty to staff unless you are in the 'in crowd'

Advice to Management

I used to be proud to work for RSA not anymore. Please listen to level 5's and 6. Managers and higher up have their heads in the clouds and have no idea what the real world is like hence no growth.

2. Lots of potential but lots holding us back.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Horsham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Horsham, England (UK)

I have been working at RSA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and hardworking, with a great will to get things done.

Cons

IT is shockingly poor, from over reliance on expensive contractor organisations, to a lack of strategic direction, to overly complicated and costly governance processes, to using outdated productivity software (lotus notes? ie6? Windows 2007?) the list goes on. Procurement processes are overly complicated and hamstring innovation. Difficult to reward staff other than through year HR governed pay rises (if they come), difficult to scale teams with extra staff due to recruitment processes. I've been here a year and a half and change has been slow. We seem to be good at reorgs and downsizing, but not deep, lasting and effective change.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your level 3 and 4 staff, make the entire organisation more agile, and we may be a success.