Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Ames, IA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ames, IA

I have been working at RSC Holdings

Pros

A very positive environment for all employees. There are opportunities for advancement with in the company. I would encourage others to seek employment there.

Cons

The salary was not competitive to comparable industries or job classifications. There is a very high amount of turnover as well as long hours. 70 to 80 hours is not uncommon.

Senior management needs to be more competitive with the pricing structure of the company in order to effectively compete. The strategy of differentiation will not work in this industry as long as the product is exactly the same as its competitors.

Other Reviews for RSC Holdings

Unrewarding

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at RSC Holdings

Pros

You can make good money if you have the right territory and store manager. We have the best lead geration system and computer software in the industry. Provide nice company trucks and expense accounts.

Cons

Micro managed to death. Unable to match competitive prices even for customers with 1 mil. in yearly spending. Red Tape= way to much reporting and not enough gray areas to help the customer. I.E. Training for customers takes 8 hours and 250.00 dollars where as other companies can do it in 30 minutes for free.

Way to much management. We could be twice as profitable if we would just cut management by half. The truth is we need to cut management by 2/3rds. Way to many agendas proposed as the "Flavor of the month" We should have a yearly or quarterly agenda and stick to it. Match prices for large customers. We have continually lost market share and turned loyal customers away based on managements preconcieved notion that they will continue to use us because we are RSC. Quit hiring people without industry knowledge. They do not do an adequate job. Promote from within and don't always base your descion on wether or not someone has a degree. Some people did not have an oppurtunity to go to college but the 15-20 years of industry knowledge can be way more useful than some 22 year old kid fresh out of college without any experience.

Don't have an accident

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  New Castle, DE
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in New Castle, DE

I worked at RSC Holdings

Pros

Salary is good. Benefits are good. Can be fun at times. Great experienece in managining larger businesses. Sales reps are paid very well!

Cons

If you get into an accident w/in your first year of employment, you're gone! Senior management is insane and cutting jobs left and right. You work with nothing!

Get some real experience and stop hiring everyone from the car rental business. The two have nothing to do with eachother! Eric needs to get a life. He's the reason I lost my job.

There are newer employer reviews for RSC Holdings.

Worked for RSC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!