There are newer employer reviews for RTI International Metals

A great manufacturing company that's growing in many aspects of the business

I have been working at RTI International Metals

Pros

A very easy and laid back manufacturing company to work for. Very nice & friendly people who have the knowledge & skill set to help you out whenever.

Cons

Two Words - Union Shop. No one is held responsible for their work. Sometimes it is difficult to form a working relationship if you aren't a Union employee.

Please work on communication. Communication is key. The better you communicate with the employees, the better understanding they have of the company and where it's heading.

17 Other Employee Reviews for RTI International Metals (View Most Recent)

The Pros are Cons

Current Employee - Continuous Improvement
    Current Employee - Continuous Improvement

I have been working at RTI International Metals

Pros

If you are an under performer then this a great place for you, rarely are people held accountable for results.

Cons

Work is demanding, they expect things to get done even without the support that is need to accomplish the task, but end the end see the Pros.

They talk a good game of change and improvement, but rarely is this what actually happens. Resources, budgets, and personal whims get in the way of actual results. Overall I would say we are run to much like a steel company worried at any moment the bottom will dropout and unwilling to take risk. By not taking calculated risk we then end up opening ourselves up to un-calculated risk.

Pay should be increased and valuable employees should be shown they are valuable. Non-performers should be coach/trained or removed...it should not be expected for the performers just to pick up the slack.

Great, until I made someone with many more years upset

Current Employee - Melt Shop in Niles, OH
    Current Employee - Melt Shop in Niles, OH

I have been working at RTI International Metals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We are a union shop, which in many ways is excellent. Better pay than almost anywhere around, and most jobs you get incentive. If you are new and have questions , the guys are more than willing to amswer/show/help and guide new employees. Health benefits are next to government, so if you have a family, it's AMAZING, profit sharing is also a good thing.

Cons

Every dirty, no preventative maintenance, pretty much ever. Using out dated equipment usually and if it's not running right the answer is almost always "run it till it breaks", everything and I mean EVERYTHING is "fixed" with duct tape, safety is preached as more important than quantity but in the real work environment it is really quantity over safety. Good luck if you made an enemy out of a guy who has 20+ years. You will be harassed. When union forces person to stop, they will get management within department to harass you, write ups for things that are not true and always have several management witnesses that we never actually there to witness anything or are willing to lie about what they "witnessed" and IF you are lucky you will still have your job but harassment will continue, unending and without repercussions for those harassing you. It's definitely a HUGE gossip/rumor mill. If it wasn't for having a family to support and health insurance being so good and the pay I would have been gone 1.5 yrs ago when harassment first started and nothing was done about it. We were told new methods for producing our titanium and our Canton plant up and running would INCREASE our profit sharing however, we have seen a humongous DECREASE instead. No one likes or appreciates being lied to.

PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE NILES PLANT! Especially HR and Melt Shop management! They condone harassment, play favorites and actually pick on the victims! That aside as a company we need to be more self sufficient. We need to own our own sponge and scrap companies, and we need to get a bigger share of the market for titanium! Niles plant needs more employees, PM to actually be done, and to stop fixing EVERYTHING with duct tape. Someone is going to end up getting seriously injured if not killed if this practice continues!!! Come through the plant, talk to EVERY worker, actually listen and take our advice. We are the ones who are on the floor everyday doing these jobs, we know better than management what is going on with our equipment/areas.

There are newer employer reviews for RTI International Metals