There are newer employer reviews for RTI International Metals

The Pros are Cons

Current Employee - Continuous Improvement
Current Employee - Continuous Improvement

I have been working at RTI International Metals

Pros

If you are an under performer then this a great place for you, rarely are people held accountable for results.

Cons

Work is demanding, they expect things to get done even without the support that is need to accomplish the task, but end the end see the Pros.

Advice to Management

They talk a good game of change and improvement, but rarely is this what actually happens. Resources, budgets, and personal whims get in the way of actual results. Overall I would say we are run to much like a steel company worried at any moment the bottom will dropout and unwilling to take risk. By not taking calculated risk we then end up opening ourselves up to un-calculated risk.

Pay should be increased and valuable employees should be shown they are valuable. Non-performers should be coach/trained or removed...it should not be expected for the performers just to pick up the slack.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sales Department

I worked at RTI International Metals full-time

Pros

Nice people at the worker level who seemed to care about each other.
    Ability to contribute ideas for ways to innovate and improve your own work systems.
    I had a fantastic supervisor.

Cons

Very political; a lot of childish immature behavior by people who should've been professionals.
    The business was unstable; during my time, it was very much a potemkin village.
    Upper management was incompetent.
    Parent company knew nothing about the business of the subsidiary.
    No advancement opportunity.

Advice to Management

Unless this division was designed to be a tax write-off for the parent, the lack of business wasn't sustainable to maintain it as a going concern.

2. Inspection

Current Employee - Inspection
    Current Employee - Inspection

I have been working at RTI International Metals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for up to retirement! A good many job positions, and steady work enviorment..Great communication from worker to management..can work together..most of the time..looking forward to the future with ALCOA.

Cons

Working turns is hard on the body and hard to adjust too, week after week.

Advice to Management

Need to stop working turns and place people on one steady turn, according to seniority ... This would greatly benifit the health and well-being of your workers... and allow them to plan for time with there families.

There are newer employer reviews for RTI International Metals