There are newer employer reviews for RTI International

The people are great and the research is interesting although it can be isolating at times to work as a consultant.

Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at RTI International

Pros

Great location. Competitive compensation. Great people. Interesting research and work. Opportunities to work in other research areas and especially in international work.

Cons

There is a bit of a coorporate culture that tends to permeate and stifle innovation and creativity. This is not ideal for research, especially health research. Not a lot of interaction between employees in the office so the office can be isolating. Antiquated computer systems.

Be aware that coorporate culture might be stifling creativity among employees.

117 Other Employee Reviews for RTI International (View Most Recent)

Not for me.

Current Employee - Education Analyst I in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Education Analyst I in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at RTI International

Pros

cafeteria on campus; will reimburse you for continuing education (if it relates to your job duties); lots of big important government clients; lots of PTO starting (20 days PTO, plus holidays);

Cons

Poor management; no room for growth outside of the department you were hired into (very rigid structure); old & conservative company (meaning staff are mostly 30+ and don't like change); boring working conditions; little to none communication between management and staff; if you don't have a PhD don't expect a raise or to work on any projects in any meaningful way; those with bachelor's and master's degrees are left to do data entry and answer the telephone.

A company that makes a difference around the world but has a lot of internal issues.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at RTI International

Pros

A chance to colloborate with other experts around the world.

Cons

Lack of accountability in the workplace. Work life balance is lacking even though they promote it.

There are newer employer reviews for RTI International