There are newer employer reviews for RTI International

Great work environment

Former Employee - Chemist I  in  Durham, NC
Former Employee - Chemist I in Durham, NC

I worked at RTI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment and benefits. The flexible work hours and on-site daycare is great for workers with young children. The environment is more like a college research institution

Cons

Advancement options are limited and compensation is less than other for-profit institution. Focus on grants from the government often adds a significant amount of red tape to accomplish work

112 Other Employee Reviews for RTI International (View Most Recent)

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Research Environmental Scientist  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Research Environmental Scientist in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at RTI International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, encourages work/life balance, supportive management, staff recognition,generous contribution to retirement plan.

Cons

Mileage may vary depending on who your direct supervisor is.

Give a PTO bonus at every 5-year milestone instead of 10; go back to contributing more to benefits so employees pay less.

It's a bizarre place

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at RTI International full-time

Pros

There is an effort to match you to projects you have an interest in. There's a good work life balance, and they are pretty flexible with your schedule.

Cons

This isn't a good place to start a career. You're very much the low person on the totem pole; some of the phds don't even acknowledge you're a person, even if all it takes is a response to your polite good morning when you cross paths in the kitchen. Even just a head nod would suffice, but alas, no. Nada. Also, very little is done to control bullies/high maintenance staff. On one project, 3/4 of the project team either quit the project or left the company because one person was so difficult to work with it. Attitude by management was that yes, it's unfortunate, but you have to find a way to work with this person.

I know you expect to churn through BAs, but come on... Perhaps as a part of the annual review process you could have anyone who manages people be reviewed by someone they manage. As of when I left you're only reviewed by your superiors.

There are newer employer reviews for RTI International

Worked for RTI International? Contribute to the Community!