RTI International

www.rti.org

generally good, a little uneven; kind of a blend of academics, government and business.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsVery strong loyalty to staff in most departments. Good gender ration, most departments. Very tolerant of gays, lesbians, immigrants and other minorities. Not as many blacks as in the general public. Reasonable salaries. Management with good values & intentions, who try to be fair, rational, principled, etc, and generally succeed. Non-profit in character, but not about philanthropy or losing money.

ConsLike everywhere, some groups are better than others, and the work experience depends a lot on the immediate neighborhood.
Sometimes there is too much workload on the lower level staff, and too much management burden on routine operations, and apparently a lot of wasted time among management. Even so, better than many other places.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've heard the saying, "put your money where your mouth is"? Sometimes the vision gets lost in the scramble for more work.

Totally depends on who you work for

Public Health Analyst (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at RTI International full-time for less than a year

Pros: Amazing opportunities, committed incredibly smart people. The ability to work… Cons: If you're stuck on a bad project, you're stuck for awhile. Some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An interesting place to work, I learned a lot, but the changes that are happening didn't entice me to stay

Scientist (Former Employee) Durham, NC

I worked at RTI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Laid back working environment, academic in style - Very friendly coworkers - Opportunity to learn new skills - Good amount of PTO (vaca and sick time… Cons: - Poor management, no "atta boys" AT ALL. This may vary by department/manager - Project priorities rarely made clear by management - Management is very top heavy -… Advice to Senior Management: I wouldn't know where to begin, except to say they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on RTI International.

Worked for RTI International? Contribute to the Community!