It only takes a few bad apples...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at RTKL Associates

Pros

Reputable firm
Beautiful offices/location
Good people aside from a handful of some very self-interested directors

Cons

My lackluster review of working for this company may have more to do with the politics, impersonal culture and limited opportunities I experienced on my team. I sensed that perhaps it was different on other teams and offices. However, because of the lack of comraderie or opportunities to work across teams, I will never know for sure. In my experience, this is a very top down organization (at least in the D.C. office) that only opens doors for those who are willing to put in their time stabbing backs and stepping on toes to get there. Everyone else just plugs along with their marching orders. Not a very innovative or exciting environment.

Other Reviews for RTKL Associates

I was not given a job description and then told I wasn't meeting expectations. and th

Former Employee - Communications Professional  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Communications Professional in Washington, DC

I worked at RTKL Associates

Pros

- The firm is very open to new ideas
    - They encourage their employees to take chances and become leaders

Cons

- The company has little patience for people who don't get their culture right away
    - Senior-level management are untouchable and there isn't accountability for them. They may not adhere to the review-structure set in place by the firm, but the firm doesn't hold them accountable.

In the interview process, be more upfront about what you expect from your employees. The company also sells itself as forward thinking, but is unwilling to take architectural risks and risks in how it communicates with its clients.

Don't work for them!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RTKL Associates

Pros

Great location, great environment, some very good coworkers.

Cons

No leadership no management skills. Compensation can't be lower! They prefer to hire cheaper new people to keep good workers by paying what they really worth...managements are too high to reach...and no respect to low people at all.

More communication and treat people equally.

There are newer employer reviews for RTKL Associates.

Worked for RTKL Associates? Contribute to the Community!