There are newer employer reviews for RTS Financial

I was very disappointed with my time there

Former Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS
Former Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS

I worked at RTS Financial

Pros

They pay you very well for the doing the same tasks, day after day.
The people on my team were great to work with.

Cons

2 weeks of vacation, minimal holidays.
You are promised "unlimited sick days" however getting time off for doctor's visits was never easy, and I was often expected to make up time taken off for sick days.
Micromanaged, they do not pay you to think or give feed back, they pay you to do the same thing everyday, in the way they want it done, no questions.

reviews filtered by

RTS Financial: A great stepping-stone for your career

Former Employee - Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications in Lenexa, KS

I worked at RTS Financial

Pros

The employees are a very close, tight knit group. They work closely together and like each other enough to socialize together. This makes for a great work environment.

The other benefit to working here is that it's small and nimble. Employees have opportunities to access the decision-makers, and there's not a huge process/red tape to go through to get your idea heard or implemented.

My time with RTS Financial was valuable because I had to literally do all aspects of marketing. I was the entire department, so I learned a lot in the time I was there. Because of this job, I was able to get the job I'm currently in - and love.

Cons

The downsides are related to the size. If you disagree with the owner/CEO, there really is no other avenue to get your idea heard. They are weak in the areas of technology, meaning that if the owner doesn't understand it, it's probably not going to get implemented.

The only piece of feedback I gave when I left the company was that Senior Management needed to let go of some control. Develop a plan and budget, and have confidence that the people you hired to do a job can, in fact, do that job.

2. One of the best work environments I have ever seen!

Current Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at RTS Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really like working here! The place is a great work environment and we work hard at work but also have lots of fun! Our department manager described it the best, "you are going to work hard but in a fun environment." Even the work life balance is really good. It is an 8-5 job and most people do leave at 5. One of the things that everyone looks forward to is the "Friday announcements," which is a time when we give people a shout out or throw them under the truck for some of the funniest things! Keeping the culture is one the most important things here so if you do not fit into the culture, you are going to have a lot of problems here.

Cons

Like I said in the pro, it is an 8-5 job. This is not flexible! The only holidays that you get off is if UPS is closed and as I have learned, UPS doesn't take a day off that often. You will not have a snow day so be prepared to dig through that snow and get to work. Part of your review is based on how many improvement ideas you brought to RTS and how many referrals your brought on so if you are someone that can't do that, then your reviews might suffer in those areas.

Keep hiring the people that keep that culture going. It is the wonderful work environment that keeps employees here.

There are newer employer reviews for RTS Financial