RTS Financial: A great stepping-stone for your career

Former Employee - Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications in Lenexa, KS
Former Employee - Director of Marketing/Corporate Communications in Lenexa, KS

I worked at RTS Financial

Pros

The employees are a very close, tight knit group. They work closely together and like each other enough to socialize together. This makes for a great work environment.

The other benefit to working here is that it's small and nimble. Employees have opportunities to access the decision-makers, and there's not a huge process/red tape to go through to get your idea heard or implemented.

My time with RTS Financial was valuable because I had to literally do all aspects of marketing. I was the entire department, so I learned a lot in the time I was there. Because of this job, I was able to get the job I'm currently in - and love.

Cons

The downsides are related to the size. If you disagree with the owner/CEO, there really is no other avenue to get your idea heard. They are weak in the areas of technology, meaning that if the owner doesn't understand it, it's probably not going to get implemented.

Advice to Management

The only piece of feedback I gave when I left the company was that Senior Management needed to let go of some control. Develop a plan and budget, and have confidence that the people you hired to do a job can, in fact, do that job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Account Representative

I have been working at RTS Financial

Pros

Great Culture/Environment and good opportunities

Cons

Family Business. A lot of people get promoted based on who they know

2. Great company, culture and benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at RTS Financial full-time

Pros

Great company with a great culture. Many opportunities to prove yourself and advance within the company. Hard work is always rewarded. I no longer work for this company but hold it in the highest regard and would recommend to family and friends. When I left RTS they were still growing and will continue to do so with the business model they have in place. Truly a great place to work.

Cons

As many people have mentioned, limited vacation. The bottom line is they expect you to work hard and that is something I respect.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture alive and keep the fun environment.