There are newer employer reviews for Rack Room Shoes

Great benefits

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rack Room Shoes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a store manager, I get lots of vacation time. I get a 40% discount on merchandise. I've been working with some of the same people for a long time, and it's become like a second family to me. The business meetings aren't too bad and I feel fairly comfortable that this job is secure and the company won't just up and close any time soon. For part-timers, you can start earning vacation time after a while, and we always try to be flexible with scheduling when possible. Many of the corporate people worked in stores themselves, so they do have an idea of what it is like because they had to "work their way up".

Cons

There's a LOT to deal with--messy, demanding customers, mystery shoppers who pull your attention away from customers who actually need assistance, CONSTANT remerchandising and repricing, random corporate visits that middle management freaks out over, and the pushing of rewards program. This is all to be expected for retail (doesn't make it any more tolerable), but Rack Room has awful pay compared to their competitors for the same job and duties.

Please stop making excuses for the awful pay. You get what you pay for. If you're not paying your people enough, you lose the good ones to the competition, and the bad ones justify their laziness and lack of care by complaining about the pay.

reviews filtered by
  1. Rack Room SHOES WAS FUN PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Rack Room Shoes part-time

Pros

Good Hours, Great Pay, good advances, made good friends, never any hassle with managers, good time off, great great great

Cons

Breaks were less than 30 minutes

2. Love! Love! Love! Working for This company is great!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, TN

I have been working at Rack Room Shoes part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment! Great discounts!

Cons

Not easy to get promoted.

There are newer employer reviews for Rack Room Shoes