Rackspace

www.rackspace.com

Incredible atmosphere with nearly unlimited opportunities

Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe culture is by far the best part of Rackspace. There are a ton of opportunities for personal and professional development and training. Everyone has a wonderful attitude and enjoys coming to work. The pay is great and the benefits are unbeatable.

ConsPay can be higher elsewhere, but the benefits and environment make up for it. Sometimes getting into training classes can be difficult due to the popularity of a particular class, but they are always adding more slots.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the upper management seems a bit disconnected from the general population, but I suppose in a company of 4000+ it's inevitable.

Has some good, has some bad

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros: Fun atmosphere, team bonding events, rapid growth Cons: While Rackspace is a fun place to work for most of the employees, it does have some low points just like any company. The… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure you really know what is going on in your departments… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place for a career if you can make yourself stand out and stick to its core values

Network Security Administrator I (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for less than a year

Pros: Rackspace likes to maintain it's startup-like culture. Casual dress, free food everywhere, free sodas, fun team outings, etc. But most of all, I would have… Cons: Don't expect to start out with a high salary here. You will have to earn your place at the company for the first couple of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rackspace.

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!