There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Awesome company, great culture, fun work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, great team outings, occasional Nerf War, free sodas.

Cons

Starting to become more corporate. There's a push to get some of the culture back. HR is not very helpful or flexible.

Make sure people get the training they need. Make sure they are in the right job for their skills.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Incredible atmosphere with nearly unlimited opportunities

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture is by far the best part of Rackspace. There are a ton of opportunities for personal and professional development and training. Everyone has a wonderful attitude and enjoys coming to work. The pay is great and the benefits are unbeatable.

Cons

Pay can be higher elsewhere, but the benefits and environment make up for it. Sometimes getting into training classes can be difficult due to the popularity of a particular class, but they are always adding more slots.

Some of the upper management seems a bit disconnected from the general population, but I suppose in a company of 4000+ it's inevitable.

A great place for a career if you can make yourself stand out and stick to its core values

Current Employee - Network Security Administrator I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Network Security Administrator I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Rackspace likes to maintain it's startup-like culture. Casual dress, free food everywhere, free sodas, fun team outings, etc. But most of all, I would have to say the best part of this company is the caliber of employees they hire. This includes not only their skills but also their personality. You can be a very high level expert in a field but they won't hire you if you have the social skills of a brick. Real-work skills and experience are important that are relevant to your position.

Cons

Don't expect to start out with a high salary here. You will have to earn your place at the company for the first couple of years, but after that you'll be rewarded handsomely. The one best mitigator is the large amount of vacation. We get 20 core vacation days on top of every single Federal holiday.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace