There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Awesome company, great culture, fun work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, great team outings, occasional Nerf War, free sodas.

Cons

Starting to become more corporate. There's a push to get some of the culture back. HR is not very helpful or flexible.

Make sure people get the training they need. Make sure they are in the right job for their skills.

reviews filtered by

Cool Culture gone Corporate

Former Employee - Data Center Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Data Center Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rackspace full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked at Rackspace for almost 2 years. When I was hired, the company culture was fantastic. But over the time I was employed, they stepped away from the great culture and became more corporate and uninviting. If you're high tech, it's a great company on the cutting edge but if you think you won't work hard and have to follow pretty strict rules, look elsewhere.

Cons

Management at the local DC level is difficult to deal with. The customer isn't always kept in the loop about what is happening with their servers during a maintenance.

More transparency needed for your customers. If a mistake is made, fix it, and train staff better to avoid situations that could cause downtime or data loss.

2. Incredible atmosphere with nearly unlimited opportunities

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture is by far the best part of Rackspace. There are a ton of opportunities for personal and professional development and training. Everyone has a wonderful attitude and enjoys coming to work. The pay is great and the benefits are unbeatable.

Cons

Pay can be higher elsewhere, but the benefits and environment make up for it. Sometimes getting into training classes can be difficult due to the popularity of a particular class, but they are always adding more slots.

Some of the upper management seems a bit disconnected from the general population, but I suppose in a company of 4000+ it's inevitable.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace