Rackspace

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Outstanding

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hands down, Rackspace is the best company I have ever worked for. There is very little that I can say that is bad about the company. They provide outstanding benefits, great opportunities for growth and both personal and career development, and management there genuinely cares about the employees. I can also honestly say that I made more friends in the time I worked there than at all other jobs combined.

Cons

The only downside I can say about them is that the communication to the overnight teams is lacking.

Overnight teams get killed sometimes due to a lack of communication from the day shift teams, and by being expected to provide support on some one-off customer setups that don't have enough documentation.

566 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

CSA2

Current Employee - Csa2 in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Csa2 in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture loave my job

Cons

none as of yet.. They take care of their employees !

I love all 4,000+ of my fellow Rackers. If you can get it, it's the place to be!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We don't hire duds. The hiring process just weeds them out. I don't just mean that the people hired can do the job, I mean that the people hired are AWESOME!! I love going to work every single day. You can just feel the positive energy when you walk in the door. You're free to be who you are here: you're free to contribute, agree/disagree, create a project, call up the top dogs (every Racker has the CEO's cell number), throw a party, pogo stick it between the cubes . . . just take care of our customers, and the rest is fun & games. We work hard to support our amazing customers and each other, and we all absolutely love it. If you make your customers happy & treat your fellow Rackers well, this job will absolutely take care of you. VERY flexible, very relaxed, very AWESOME!!

Cons

Tribal knowledge - ya gotta work there to get it, and you need it to do your job. If you need everything clearly roadmapped out for you, this is NOT your gig. You must take initiative & network with colleagues to get things done, and not getting things done is NOT acceptable.

Nah - they have the Racker Pulse for that.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace