Rackspace
www.rackspace.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Best place I've ever worked

Linux Systems Engineer III (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat culture and people. Hiring is tough and culture fit is the first thing we assess with potential candidates. We use the latest technologies and you get to work on very interesting problems. A single person can have a great impact. Our customer-focused fanatical support isn't just something we say -- it's real.

The rack also has a very good life/work balance and is very family focused. Having to leave early to pick your kids up from school from time to time is no problem. As long as work gets done, that is!

ConsThe customer is king and sometimes we need to drop everything to help a customer out. The rapidly evolving cloud ecosystem means we sometimes need to quickly change course, which can be frustrating, but it's just a fact of life in the technology biz.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going the way it is. Keeping the culture of the company intact as we quickly grow can be tough, but so far it's working.

All about culture -- and aces it.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than a year

Pros: The company's commitment to culture is unfathomable without being in the company. Everyone eat lives and breaths the awesomeness that we give to each other.… Cons: If you don't fit the culture, you don't stay long. I've had good friends leave because it just wasn't the place for them, or they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun company, growing and doing a lot of things right

Ruby Developer (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time

Pros: A real focus on taking care of employees. They work very hard to find the right fit for people, and aren't jerks about moving people… Cons: Lots of reorganization can become challenging to deal with. You never know quite where your desk is going to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Rackspace.

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!

Rackspace – Why Work for Us?

Rackspace Hosting is the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing. The San Antonio-based company provides Fanatical Support® to its customers, across a portfolio of IT services, including Managed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rackspace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rackspace CEO Graham Weston. All reviews posted anonymously by Rackspace employees.