Rackspace

www.rackspace.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Really good company

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

Great people and work place. All my immediate managers have been helpful and accommodating both professionally and personally. Co-workers are motivated, friendly and have a great work ethic. Everyone really tries to do the right thing for the customer and each other.

Cons

Nowhere is perfect, but I've built up my career there and it's consistently gotten better. With tenure and experience, compensation catches up.

Keep looking out for employees, and they will keep looking out for customers.

529 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Overworked but learnt alot!

Former Employee - DC Ops Tech in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Rackspace full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good Training
    -Good place to start
    -Rapid growth
    -Lots of room for progression as a Tech
    -Secure job, no redundancies

Cons

-Management dont listen to line-workers
    -Constantly coerced into overtime due to company growing fast and difficulty hiring.
    -Slightly lower salary than competitors.
    -Bad shift rotas
    -Sales oversell solutions, way more than customers need, they are too incentivised by commision

-Pay your employees more to reduce churn
    -Less middle management
    -Dont overwork employees with overtime

One Fanatical Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent values, a great culture, and an awesome leadership team all demonstrate that Rackspace cares about its employees and its customers. The company promotes ownership from within the company by empowering its Rackers to do the right thing for our customers, and by offering equity grants/options/discounts as a reward for performance.

Cons

Sometimes our senior leadership sends conflicting priorities based on their own incentives, due mostly to a lack of coordination between them. Our "time off" policy has improved in recent years, but is still sub-par. Several teams have a distinct lack of accountability toward completing projects other teams rely on. Finally, there is the occasional bad manager who really forgets to respect our culture. These are all relatively rare occurrences, however.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace