Great

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

good atmosphere, good people, great tools

Cons

I really can't think of one

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Linux Racker

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rackspace has an amazing working environment! Everyone is encouraged to learn and grow professionally as well as empowered with the freedom to apply and cultivate your personal strengths.

Cons

As incintive to accept the position and move to San Antonio , I was promised a certian pay for the first three months to take the onboarding and training after which I would recieve a substantial increase. I took a 20k cut in annual pay to make the move. I have yet to recover the loss after 2 years and do not expect to see an increase for another two. Currently. Pay is ok but just barely competitive but the knowledge base and training opportunity is outstanding. This could be a great transition job.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they are worth and keep your promises.

Kool Aid Drinkers Please Apply!

Former Employee - Monkey in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Monkey in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Domestic Partnership for Benefits are a positive

Cons

To all incoming potentials, stand for who you are and realize that you do not need to drink the corporate Kool-Aid in any corporate environment to realize your future potential. Rackspace will sell you the world and the curly-slide from the third to second or second to first floor in the office (who cares) features in order to entice you to work there. You will also be amazed and impressed by their conference room names which are based on cereals and other generic food products which are familiar to us all - it all seems so fascinating to those who are working in boring normal corporate America and you will gaze with eyes wide open! The coffee bar will become ordinary after a few weeks and you will also have to go through about 6 weeks of brain wash camp to take on their corporate philosophy. It all seems so awesome at first, however, be aware that they are molding you into one of their Kool-Aid drinkers. Hey, if that's for you, that's all good. Waco is just up the road if you need to step it up a notch. For those not local to San Antonio, or if you are relocating from out of state, San Antonio is riddled with gang bangers and more graffiti than I've ever seen even having traveled the continental US and Europe (both east and west). Enjoy the view from your Kool-Aid cubicle because there is not much else to see there. If you enjoy working your life away and quenching your thirst rather than enjoying your life, PLEASE, this is the perfect place for you. Please do not let the smoke and mirrors fool you - this is advice from someone who is subject to the after effect of the brain wash boot camp!

Advice to Management

If you have worked there more than 5 years, you truly cannot see the forest through the trees! Sorry, management! You are unable to see what you cannot image because you have worked at that mall for too long!