There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Culture losing steam

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and good culture. Great environment for folks with kids. Servant leadership style. Good benefits. Honestly, the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Becoming more corporate by the day. Culture is beginning to fade. Leadership can be sketchy depending upon the organization you join. Employees can get burnt out. High level of responsibility towards clients without adequate tools to deliver phenomenal results.

Bring the focus back on the employees and the company will continue to flourish. Customer support can be exhausting. We could use some help driving the top notch experience our customers have come to love. Rackspace is still the home of fanatical support, because your employees generally care about the customer experience.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Solid company, interesting work, great people

Former Employee - Support Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Support Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Passionate people who stick around for the long haul. Interesting work in the forefront of the Internet industry. Management with a long term plan, historically. Respected name recognition among industry peers.

Cons

San Antonio base is outside the mainstream population of Industry talent, customers and opportunities. Focus on leading Cloud industry dilutes traditional service-centric strength. Limited technological breadth and depth opportunities compared to competitors in other regions.

Return to service-centric focus, stop trying to compete against Amazon, Google on cutting edge technology and perfect service.

Great

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

good atmosphere, good people, great tools

Cons

I really can't think of one

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace