Rackspace

www.rackspace.com

Culture losing steam

ProsGreat people and good culture. Great environment for folks with kids. Servant leadership style. Good benefits. Honestly, the best company I have ever worked for.

ConsBecoming more corporate by the day. Culture is beginning to fade. Leadership can be sketchy depending upon the organization you join. Employees can get burnt out. High level of responsibility towards clients without adequate tools to deliver phenomenal results.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the focus back on the employees and the company will continue to flourish. Customer support can be exhausting. We could use some help driving the top notch experience our customers have come to love. Rackspace is still the home of fanatical support, because your employees generally care about the customer experience.

Not Everything It's Cracked Up To Be

Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - The people they hire are mostly fantastic, so you will work with some of the funnest, best and brightest people in the industry. -There… Cons: -If you're hired as a Windows/Linux/NetSec Administrator you will basically be doing customer service / call-center duties. In just a few years I've seen the… Advice to Senior Management: Rackspace is losing what used to make it an awesome place to work and becoming more like a typical medium to large company. Turn the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Linux Racker

Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than a year

Pros: Rackspace has an amazing working environment! Everyone is encouraged to learn and grow professionally… Cons: As incintive to accept the position and move to San Antonio , I was promised a certian pay for the first three months to take… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your people what they are worth and keep your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rackspace.

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!