There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Software Developer III

Current Employee - Software Developer III in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer III in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture is number one. Rackspace selects people who are passionate and want to do good. Community involvement is plenty. Work life balance is very good. Learning opportunities are abundant and employees are encouraged to grow.

Cons

Cross-teams project to launch a certain release is often badly managed. No one understands the overall technical picture. No one was put responsible. Thus when there's an issue, it took a long time to finally identify the problem.

Less re-active. Less churn to allow developers to be subject matter experts on something, before moving them around to other projects.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Culture only matters at the corporate office, everywhere else it's non existant

Former Employee - Datacenter Operations Technician in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Datacenter Operations Technician in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Full time work, a steady paycheck. Great location if you live in Tarrant or Dallas county but limited by geographical locations otherwise.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you wish to move to San Antonio. Leadership asks for complete honesty then retaliates when it is given instead of listening to the honest and candid comments of their employees. Salary is below industry standard. When a worker is unhappy they are replaced instead of engaged in conversation.

Leadership is a skill just like any other. Taking the best technician on the floor and making them a team lead or manager doesn't make them a leader. Pay more attention to your remote sites. Seeing all the perks that the staff at the home office enjoy like play time, free breakfast and such is degrading to the staff at the remote sites who don't get to enjoy all the freebies.

Family, not work!

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company doesn't feel like company, it's like home with our family in there, we are all there to help and be helped. The orientation is just awesome! I loved the company before I was hired and it grows every single day I am there.

Cons

It could pay more compared to other IT companies.

Better pay.