There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Company

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment; Good Work/Life Balance

Cons

Don't pay industry standard for employees with good experience

pay more

489 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

terrible

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

free soda, get to wear jeans every day

Cons

good old boy mentality, low pay, mediocre benefits, micromanagement, company changing direction too often, unnecessary stress, threats from management, favoritism

Good company - good people - sacrificing awesome for growth

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Great people. The company has established itself nicely in the industry and continues to grow despite significant competition. Work/life balance is likely the best thing about this company. Training is excellent. Opportunities to do and try new things are always available. Front line Rackers genuinely care about the customer. I would recommend Rackspace because of the people you'll work alongside, the comfort and stability, and work-life balance. I'd urge folks to stay away if you cannot embrace chaos and heavy politics.

Cons

As all companies grow, the focus becomes less and less about the employees. Rackspace is no exception. The company has become a very difficult place to advance your career. We are absolutely buried in middle management. It's certainly a different place than it was 3 years ago. Passion and promise has been usurped by politics and "boys club" mentality.

Hire the right leaders and thin out the laggards in middle management. Too many with titles that have a hard time drafting an email, let alone setting strategy for an organization. Get rid of the "yes men" and start promoting the folks that genuinely care about the company and its customers. Invest in tools to support the front line Rackers. This company would be no where without the folks that stay up all night to support a single customer. Fanatical support should always be our mission. Everything else is secondary.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace