Rackspace

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Best job thus far!!!!!

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator I in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are lovely, people treat you like friends and family. Career progression and help you better your skills.

Cons

Always chaging teams seems like. First five months I had 3 different teams and different hours.

493 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Good company culture

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is conducive to a fun work environment. I've learned more in my brief time at Rackspace than several years at with previous employers. There is tons of opportunity for training and advancement.

Cons

Concerned that some new senior leadership will kill the culture in effort to improve the bottom line.

remember what makes this company great. the people that work here. continue to treat them with respect and don't become a dictatorship.

We're a scrappy bunch, and I'd walk from AMZN, MSFT, and GOOG.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Rackspace has some of the best, brightest, and most inventive in the industry, and has for years. I wish I had this opportunity earlier in my tech career. I learned more in my first year at Rackspace than I had in the five years prior to my joining (in 2005). I've learned more in the past few years than I ever had the opportunity to anywhere else. You will learn how to do whatever makes you happy on the company's dime if you are a performer here. This is a great place to grow and transform your career. You get what you give. A lot of complainers here are not the giving type.

Cons

There is an occasional battle of wit and/or ego to get things done that didn't exist when the company was smaller and we knew each other by first names. This has led to lowered expectations across the support floor, and ultimately the customers are paying for it. I really think everyone ought to wake up and remember who pays our paychecks. Low bonus payout? Quit slacking so hard and throwing excuses in the way of results! Stop building processes that slow things for the sake of slowing things! Onboarding needs a serious money injection.

I've always loved listening to Lanham. He is an inspirational speaker. I think that most of his realizations around industry movement are about 6-12 months too late. I really hope he can become a more agile executor so that Rackspace can ultimately come out on top.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace