There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Creativity, Freedom, Innovation, and Atmosphere

Current Employee - Information Security Risk Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Information Security Risk Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You just don't find many "Rackspaces" these days

Cons

None that come to mind.

487 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

The culture is gone

Former Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Rackspace tries to implement the "old" culture by bringing in slides and things that they believe will make it look like it's a fun environment, when in reality it isn't. They do have a coffee shop that is really good though...

Cons

Management no longer cares about their employees, and is actively trying to slim down the workforce through attrition, which was told to me by HR. They no longer care about keeping good talent but would rather have them leave and bring in people they can pay less for. If you're looking to change position, you should look outside the company as the entire company is on a hiring freeze as was also told to me by HR. You are no longer rewarded for bringing up ideas or having a voice, now you are yelled at or berated by your manager, and when you speak up HR takes the side of management even though you have a recording of your manager yelling at you. I actually had to start recording my one on one's to have proof that the harassment was happening, and still HR didn't care.

Actually care about your employees and their concerns, don't just dismiss them. Don't yell or berate them, especially in front of other employees which my manager did several times, and not even to myself. Also, they need to read up on rules and regulations about hiring. Just because a woman can get pregnant or wants to have a baby is NOT a good reason to dismiss her application for hiring onto the team.

I hope Graham can turn things around and fix a lot of these issues as I have faith in him, he's a good person.

Amazing experience so far!

Current Employee - Network Security Administrative I in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Network Security Administrative I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome headquarters
    A lot of training opportunities
    Very fun workplace
    Great work/life balance
    On-site gym
    Friendly coworkers
    Always something going on!

Cons

If you don't like to randomly get hit with nerf darts at any given point in the day, then you probably shouldn't work here...

I think senior management as done a great job making each Racker feel important and part of the Rackspace family. My only advice is to keep on keep'n on!

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace