There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

I was an intern for the supply chain department

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Antonio, TX
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is great. You are treated as equals, and everyone has high expectations for what you can contribute to the company. Everyone is amazing, and there is never a boring day. We had the chance to get to know the department heads personally. The office is filled with highly intelligent people. You have the chance to learn something from just holding a conversation with them.

Cons

I did not like the location, but that is personal preference.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A hit it and leave it opportunity.

Former Employee - Data Center Operations Technician in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Data Center Operations Technician in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Has plenty of bells and whistles and opportunities for growth. - Team outings every once in a while.

Cons

You may not feel like you are working for one of the best places to work if you are a data center technician. Also, the pay is under market value (very badly).

Advice to Management

Pay your DC Ops more. Stop hiring retail managers.

The culture is gone

Former Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rackspace tries to implement the "old" culture by bringing in slides and things that they believe will make it look like it's a fun environment, when in reality it isn't. They do have a coffee shop that is really good though...

Cons

Management no longer cares about their employees, and is actively trying to slim down the workforce through attrition, which was told to me by HR. They no longer care about keeping good talent but would rather have them leave and bring in people they can pay less for. If you're looking to change position, you should look outside the company as the entire company is on a hiring freeze as was also told to me by HR. You are no longer rewarded for bringing up ideas or having a voice, now you are yelled at or berated by your manager, and when you speak up HR takes the side of management even though you have a recording of your manager yelling at you. I actually had to start recording my one on one's to have proof that the harassment was happening, and still HR didn't care.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees and their concerns, don't just dismiss them. Don't yell or berate them, especially in front of other employees which my manager did several times, and not even to myself. Also, they need to read up on rules and regulations about hiring. Just because a woman can get pregnant or wants to have a baby is NOT a good reason to dismiss her application for hiring onto the team. I hope Graham can turn things around and fix a lot of these issues as I have faith in him, he's a good person.