7 years of watching this place grow

Current Employee - Storage in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Storage in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can re-create yourself here. The opportunities to move forward with your career in really in your own hands.

Cons

We are (in some areas) slowly becoming that big company. Not all change is good.

Advice to Management

Remember pre 8-8-8!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace

The culture is gone

Former Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rackspace tries to implement the "old" culture by bringing in slides and things that they believe will make it look like it's a fun environment, when in reality it isn't. They do have a coffee shop that is really good though...

Cons

Management no longer cares about their employees, and is actively trying to slim down the workforce through attrition, which was told to me by HR. They no longer care about keeping good talent but would rather have them leave and bring in people they can pay less for. If you're looking to change position, you should look outside the company as the entire company is on a hiring freeze as was also told to me by HR. You are no longer rewarded for bringing up ideas or having a voice, now you are yelled at or berated by your manager, and when you speak up HR takes the side of management even though you have a recording of your manager yelling at you. I actually had to start recording my one on one's to have proof that the harassment was happening, and still HR didn't care.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees and their concerns, don't just dismiss them. Don't yell or berate them, especially in front of other employees which my manager did several times, and not even to myself. Also, they need to read up on rules and regulations about hiring. Just because a woman can get pregnant or wants to have a baby is NOT a good reason to dismiss her application for hiring onto the team. I hope Graham can turn things around and fix a lot of these issues as I have faith in him, he's a good person.

2. good place to work and grow your skillsets.

Current Employee - Network Security Administrative I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Network Security Administrative I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they encourage and help you grow in your career

Cons

raises are hard to come by. If you want a raise you have to level up which requires additional work.