The culture is awesome.

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

My team is made up of great guys. We have a lot of fun while doing our jobs. We dress anyway we like. Very flexible hours. Great benefits package. Lots of interesting people. Many perks. Team outings. Free beverages. Snack closet. Great culture, awesome co-workers, teamwork, competence, results oriented, work/life balance, knowledge. Very fun! Outings. Career growth. Professionalism. Racker radio! Company has good faith in it's employees.

Cons

Some lack of organization due to very fast growth of the company. A bit of lack of company standard processes and practices.

Advice to Management

To much trust in employees can also have a downside. Some processes should be standardized and automated to improve efficiency (i.e.: Software development and testing environments setup.)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fanatical!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

-Great culture (people and environment) -Solid Financials (security) -Strong Analysts ratings -Good Customer Scores (net promoter) -Progressive Technology -Great cost of living and no state tax -Hires the best of the best

Cons

-so fast paced and tons of change that is exciting, but also exhausting -high expectations -internal communication, but mostly because so faced pace -mindshare (needs to spend more $ on marketing-not on quality of brand which is awesome, but more on awareness of brand)

Advice to Management

Love that all the execs are on the floor, but they are not always around. Awesome when they are because the leaders fuel the environment. More vacation or sabatical program! :)

Great culture, poor leadership.

Former Employee - Recruiter II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace

Pros

The culture at Rackspace is the absolute best, they really enjoy the sharing of ideas, they embody the work had - play hard philosophy and they work at amazing pace to care for their customers.

Cons

Leadership is immature, mainly at the med-level management level. Many of thses managers have moved into their first managment role and the expectations of the company are really great. Rackspace does not have a Management Training program and they really need one, They are constantly recognized as one of the best places to work, but they could mve up the ladder if the management training was in place.