The culture is awesome.

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

My team is made up of great guys. We have a lot of fun while doing our jobs. We dress anyway we like. Very flexible hours. Great benefits package. Lots of interesting people. Many perks. Team outings. Free beverages. Snack closet. Great culture, awesome co-workers, teamwork, competence, results oriented, work/life balance, knowledge. Very fun! Outings. Career growth. Professionalism. Racker radio! Company has good faith in it's employees.

Cons

Some lack of organization due to very fast growth of the company. A bit of lack of company standard processes and practices.

Advice to Management

To much trust in employees can also have a downside. Some processes should be standardized and automated to improve efficiency (i.e.: Software development and testing environments setup.)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great culture, poor leadership.

Former Employee - Recruiter II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace

Pros

The culture at Rackspace is the absolute best, they really enjoy the sharing of ideas, they embody the work had - play hard philosophy and they work at amazing pace to care for their customers.

Cons

Leadership is immature, mainly at the med-level management level. Many of thses managers have moved into their first managment role and the expectations of the company are really great. Rackspace does not have a Management Training program and they really need one, They are constantly recognized as one of the best places to work, but they could mve up the ladder if the management training was in place.

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

Fun environment and culture, cutting edge work, the company is in an exciting stage.

Cons

Slightly below average pay, ridiculous expectations for certain departments and teams.

Advice to Management

More stock options for employees if they truly are interested in allowing employees to save for their future.