There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Like another position, no drive equal no results

Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Good development
If you know how to grow your store then you will make some great bonuses, raises, and salary
Decent health benefits
Pay is better than before( only heard stores of the past)

Cons

Focuses tend change every few weeks and when you get good at one they change to another point. It does get harder to move up from the DM level to the RSD level but there are fewer positions the higher up you go.

Advice to Management

Keep building you workforce and promote an environment that people will like to work in. Every store should have an assistant manager, this would reduce the shrinkage and theft in the store.

reviews filtered by

Continuous improvement is both a goal and a necessity here.

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

The opportunity to work with and work for capable people in a challenging, fast-paced environment while maintaining work - life balance.

Cons

Below-average benefits package (no vacation for 1 year)
    Below-average compensation
    Lack of defined company strategy or mission
    Poor communication across teams
    Complicated, esoteric systems for execution

Advice to Management

Continue to streamline processes while improving employee compensation. Once we define what RadioShack is and want to be to its consumer we will become meaningful in the CE marketplace.

Generally a good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

Commissions (which could be a pro or a con, depending on how your sales are)
    Phone benefits
    Store Manager (This could go either way, really)
    Benefits

Cons

Commissions (again, this could go either way)
    Upper management (they tend to have completely unrealistic expectations, my store went from the bottom of the barrel to being one of the top stores in the district, but they only wanted more. We were selling around 100 phones a month, but because our sales of service plans wasn't high enough, they were prepared to cut staff)
    Planograms (This is another issue with upper management, basically every 2 weeks the store changes, and you spend hours rearranging things which will only move back to where they were in another 2 weeks)

Advice to Management

Dial back a bit on the planograms, every 2 weeks is a bit much, and with such high expectations, the store ends up focusing on that (for fear of being cut down when the district manager comes in) and they miss sales.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack