RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Like another position, no drive equal no results

Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Good development
If you know how to grow your store then you will make some great bonuses, raises, and salary
Decent health benefits
Pay is better than before( only heard stores of the past)

Cons

Focuses tend change every few weeks and when you get good at one they change to another point. It does get harder to move up from the DM level to the RSD level but there are fewer positions the higher up you go.

Keep building you workforce and promote an environment that people will like to work in. Every store should have an assistant manager, this would reduce the shrinkage and theft in the store.

1633 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Continuous improvement is both a goal and a necessity here.

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

The opportunity to work with and work for capable people in a challenging, fast-paced environment while maintaining work - life balance.

Cons

Below-average benefits package (no vacation for 1 year)
    Below-average compensation
    Lack of defined company strategy or mission
    Poor communication across teams
    Complicated, esoteric systems for execution

Continue to streamline processes while improving employee compensation. Once we define what RadioShack is and want to be to its consumer we will become meaningful in the CE marketplace.

Oh where do I start...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Vendors / partners offer great discounts on their services as an employee. For example getting discounted service from Verizon / Sprint / AT&T.
    The discount program isn't too horrible either. Getting things slightly above cost is nice at times.

Cons

Poor compensation, High expectations, Constant negative attitude (i.e. "Hey! Why is this one number bad!?" When you've performed excellent in every other aspect of the job.) Constant threats of hour cuts and/or job loss.

Most people who get to be managers don't care about customers. In fact I've found I ruined my shot at being a manager simply by caring about customers. I try to make every customer feel welcome and their business appreciated, but the ones who get advancement are the ones who insult the customers to their face if they don't buy our extra services (such as product protection plans, or post paid cell phones)

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack