RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
  www.radioshack.com
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Great place to work at, very easy way to make money based on how you sell.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Puyallup, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Puyallup, WA

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

Bonuses from selling products. It allows you to work harder.

Cons

Shipment is always a pain, checking off items and putting them up on the shelves or where it needs to go.

None.

1478 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

The worst company to work for ever! Choose Differently

Current Employee - Store Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

You can meet some great people here. I met a good friend working for radio shack.

XM radio is nice to listen too and free Satelite TV.

Cons

The pay that Store managers are paid does not match with the demand, the demand for our time to run these stores. I as a manager am suppose to be, and I am not exaggerating with my list, top seller of my store, the opener, the closer, the boss, the handy man, the cleaning man, the sale associate, the delagator, the planogramer, the pricer, the organizer,the secretary, the mediator,the personal assistant, the communicator, the driving force of the business, the middle man in wireless sales, the middle man in hiring but not the man to fire an employee when needed,the blame for crappy customer's who call corporate and lie to get things for free, the scape goat, and last but not least the reason for radio shack not turning a profit in years! On top of all of these things I am suppose to run a store and manage other employees. Radio Shack wants us to make our store look perfect and new without giving us the tools and resources needed to do this. Radio Shack put's store where the cheapest rent is and in locations where being able to sale anything is near impossible because of very low foot traffic. If they put every store in well populated areas then they would make more money, so what if the rent is more you will make more money to compensate for it. Pay us what we should be paid. I shouldnt be doing all this work and still make less that $30,000 a year!I have had the pleasure in meeting some nice people working for radio shack. I have met so many people that I am friends with outside of the company that I met while working for the company. The associates and fellow managers (not all but majority) are awsome but that's where it stops. I have worked in a couple districts in this company and i have experienced alot of different DM's and RSD's. The district managers can be cool but most are not that I have had met. Most have been hired outside of the company and knows nothing about radio shack which causes conflict with those of us that have been here for a while. They come in with an attitude of "I have to rule with an iron fist" and it doesn't work at all! They have a lack of communication and they have a tendency to say things to you to pacify you or flat out lie! I have never met such manipulative and deceitful upper management until I have worked for this company. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to save their own butts.Now the RSD's are even worst than the DM's. They talk to you like you are a peasant and you are worthless. This no way to get anyone motivated to do a good job for a company and has never motivated anyone to want to work harder. I have witness utter disrespect from a RSD that visited store and it was an upsetting event to witness. Any company that allows it's upper management to come to store and basically belittle their employees and make them feel like crap deserves to go under like this one is. Ever person from sales associates all the way up to the CEO of this company should conduct themselves in a professional manner when conducting official radio shack business period. I think we should reevaluate who we have in our upper management positions. Everyday we recieve email about what we are not doing right how we can approve on our numbers and how we need to capitalize on every customer we deal with because we are losing business. The next thing is scheduling for managers. Managers are required to work 54 hours a week 6 days a week. (usually off on sunday) What business can I possibly do on a sunday in America? I know alot of people will say schedule yourself to be off a day within the week, I can but then I would have to work 9 to 10 days straight to be able to do that. I am paid for only forty hours on salary and I am required to work 54. No overtime what so ever. No holiday pay what so ever! Vacations are short and you lose them if you don't use them by Oct. 31. No vacations are allowed during the golden quarter or weekends off. (golden quarter is christmas season) We are suppose to get one week end off a month it's called a cool week end but DM's are requiring you to work the weekend before or after in order to take your week end off that you are entitled to.This company has said very loudly how much they do not care for the people who work in the stores. They trick us with fake hopes and dreams of being able to make all this money and it's not true. This country is in the worst recession and selling phones to every customer is impossible when people are trying to get rid of bills instead of creating more. Radio Shack is the worst company I have ever worked for plain and simple.

My advice to management is Get rid of yourselves and let younger more energetic people run this company. Every successful business is being ran by younger more eager better educated people. These old dudes running this company are stuck on trying to compete with big box stores when we are small box. There is no competition with what radio shack use to be so why not stay that course and be something walmart or best buy isn't!

Like another position, no drive equal no results

Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Richboro, PA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Good development
    If you know how to grow your store then you will make some great bonuses, raises, and salary
    Decent health benefits
    Pay is better than before( only heard stores of the past)

Cons

Focuses tend change every few weeks and when you get good at one they change to another point. It does get harder to move up from the DM level to the RSD level but there are fewer positions the higher up you go.

Keep building you workforce and promote an environment that people will like to work in. Every store should have an assistant manager, this would reduce the shrinkage and theft in the store.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack