RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
  www.radioshack.com
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

High Calibur Performance rewards High Calibur Pay and other incentives!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bonner Springs, KS
Current Employee - Store Manager in Bonner Springs, KS

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Great experience locally with customers, establishing rapport, bonuses paid monthly and annually, recognition of good performance, and a great feeling of succeeding against "preconceived notions" of my location!

Cons

Currently? I work 51+ hours a week, but that's changing. Dealing with "old" employees, not by age but by how long they've been here (they are burnt out and it's a pain to deal with because they perform at just the right level to where they can't be let go)

Most of the changes I wanted made are being made, so I currently have no advice

1473 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

THE WORST JOB EXPERIENCE of MY LIFE

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at RadioShack part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee Discount is somewhat decent.
    They have stores close to where ever you live, so proximity is good.Benefits are ok, nothing to be too happy about.

Cons

Management
    Stores look dated
    lack of merchandise
    needlessly pressuring employees from above.
    possibly the worst job of my life.

Have reasonable expectations for employees.

This company could be so much more than it currently is.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington, MI

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

If you are a people person, this can be a fun place to work.

Cons

With the primary focus on wireless, very little attention was paid to the rest of the store. Even though wireless only made up about 50% of our business, the focus on it was closer to 95%. The goals were very unrealistic and daunting.

Management at this company, I'm not sure whether to hate them or pity them, perhaps a bit of both. I've never seen a company so willing to fire people the first time they fail to reach their goals. When I left the acting district manager had a policy in place of firing managers the first time(with no warning)they failed to reach 3 out of 6 metrics, or they failed to have the best numbers in the store. The last thing that management seems to have in mind is the welfare of the people below them, at any level. I was at the company for a relatively long time compared to most, and I saw many a manager burn out and lose their job, their benifits and on at least one occasion, their mind.

Perhaps they need to understand that paying next to nothing, and then relentlessly punishing the very people that work at the stores isn't the smartest of strategies. Happy employees are productive employees, just as sad or scared employees are detrimental to good business.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack