RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

A positive work environment for the self motivated.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Longview, WA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Longview, WA

I have been working at RadioShack

Pros

Compensation is fair, management cares about all employees and listens to them.

Cons

Healthcare is expensive, a lot is expected out of small work crews.

Find ways to open doors for additional payroll so more productive employees can be found and hired.

1569 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Overall, if you know how to sell, then this is the job for you.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Arlington, TX

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

Gave me experience in retail sales environment which lead to it being easier to find certain jobs, after posting this job in my resume. Employers like to see past work experience involving sales on resumes. I was a good salesman, therefore this job wasn't that hard for me, if your not a good salesman, this job certainly is not for you. It entirely focuses on sales, which can be difficult at times due to the traffic of customs not always being good.

Cons

No real good benefits other than a couple discounts, management is always put under stress from up in the chain to the point that the managers will always be on your back about absolutely everything. Almost to the point where your whole life revolves around RadioShack and would seem as if you have lost your personal life.

There's better ways of achieving goals rather than driving stuff down peoples throats to achieve them, acknowledge good work more and reward it better as well, this will give the employee more drive in fulfilling those goals. Better pay as well.

Who Needs a RadioShack in 2012?

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am sincerely struggling to think of a pro for working at radioshack, disregarding the fact that I get a paycheck. My store manager is a pretty down to earth guy, and my coworkers are very easy to work with and are very humble, but that's a completely objective situation

Cons

Poorly prepares employees for what we actually sell, and has ridiculous expectations of keeping afloat by selling cell phones. They don't take into account that what we really sell the most are parts, batteries, and smaller appliances. Workers are also given quotas to fill that only call for persisting in annoying the customer. Ask for email, ask for donations to livestrong, ask for service plans that ultimately don't benefit the customer. You have to have absolutely no shame to be able to work here comfortably.

Lose the schizophrenic business model. Figure out what you want to be, a cell phone retailer or a hobby shop. If you can't come to do this, then pull the plug.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack