There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

It's like no company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No commission cap, small group work environment, always changing the work environment based on surveys and employee feedback, company seems to be growing and getting better with more social media use and advertising.

Cons

A lot expected of employees with minimum wage pay, lack of training on small parts and electronics(which is in the process of improving), huge turn around of upper management.

Advice to Management

Seems like the company is growing and doing better than I've seen it in a long time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Jump of the Tintanic

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago Heights, IL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good employee discounts and job flexibility

Cons

Pay, middle management, senior management, marketing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company or fire every executive in Ft. Worth right now. I have worked for the company for 7 years. I have my pay cut 3 times. We have peiple in the marketing department who can't put a decent marketing plan together. I have a degree in the field and serve as a freelance marketing consultant (for no pay). Management is horrible (middle and senior). They make us push everything one everyone. They measure everything they create new metrics weekly. For every one good job you get you get chewed out over little things. Also its not like I am some person complaining. I am constantly in the top tier in my region in the key metrics they measure employees. Upper management does not listen to anyone on the sales floor if the understood how difficult it can be to do our job at times and the fact that they dont do much to aid us they would change there ways. Also the marketing department should be fired NOW!!!!! They changed our target market to the welfare/ poor crowd. This is bad because they want us to add accessories to everything he is the catch they DON'T HAVE MONEY NOR CREDIT. We need to switch to a high end retaler. Give our customers who as a whole are great and the reason i go to work every day and give my best more of and intenctive to buy more. This co.pany has potiental but management is to proud or to ignorant to make the changes necessary.

2. Review for radioshack corp by

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at RadioShack part-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get employee discounts and make some friends

Cons

underpaid, too many people that are rude and not trained

Advice to Management

train your staff