No life

Former Employee - Store Manager in Neptune City, NJ
Former Employee - Store Manager in Neptune City, NJ

I worked at RadioShack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As longs as u sell wireless the pay is great,!!!!

Cons

Forcing the employees to harass the customers with question after question, as well as spending obscene amounts of money. RSSP, email, wireless upgrade, batteries, RSAP credit cards, way too much pressure even in a performance based environment.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better before forcing them into a store, and then firing them for not doing things correctly in an overwhelming environment with no staff and no hours to accommodate the staff they do have to the needs of each individual location

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Jump of the Tintanic

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago Heights, IL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good employee discounts and job flexibility

Cons

Pay, middle management, senior management, marketing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company or fire every executive in Ft. Worth right now. I have worked for the company for 7 years. I have my pay cut 3 times. We have peiple in the marketing department who can't put a decent marketing plan together. I have a degree in the field and serve as a freelance marketing consultant (for no pay). Management is horrible (middle and senior). They make us push everything one everyone. They measure everything they create new metrics weekly. For every one good job you get you get chewed out over little things. Also its not like I am some person complaining. I am constantly in the top tier in my region in the key metrics they measure employees. Upper management does not listen to anyone on the sales floor if the understood how difficult it can be to do our job at times and the fact that they dont do much to aid us they would change there ways.
    Also the marketing department should be fired NOW!!!!! They changed our target market to the welfare/ poor crowd. This is bad because they want us to add accessories to everything he is the catch they DON'T HAVE MONEY NOR CREDIT. We need to switch to a high end retaler. Give our customers who as a whole are great and the reason i go to work every day and give my best more of and intenctive to buy more. This co.pany has potiental but management is to proud or to ignorant to make the changes necessary.

2. Sinking Ship stuck in the 90's

Current Employee - Inventory Planner in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Planner in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location in the Downtown area

Cons

Management and the inability to compensate correctly

Advice to Management

Quit