There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Focus on employees

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee Discount
Employee phone plans
Working with Reps from other companies

Cons

Low pay across the board
Low compensation for performance
Irregular work hours
High turn over

There is a major concern in almost every store i've been in or around as to why the employees don't seem happy. Some of the time it's because their manager works 8-5 everyday and makes the rest of the associates close every day. Sometimes it's because when they sell a three line family plan of new phones they make $48 when they used to make $100. But all of that put together doesn't matter next to the fact that every DM is being yelled at by a higher up, every manager is being yelled at by a DM, and it all comes down to the associates. There needs to be a sense of appreciation from management.

1426 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Very friendly for full and part-timers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The managers and staff that I worked with were all very friendly, and there was a 10% discount in place for employees who wanted to buy merchandise. The stores within the area all worked pretty closely together, so that if a customer needed a part that we didn't have in stock, one of us could drive over and pick up the part. Besides our hourly pay, we also worked on commission, and if a customer mentioned the name of a previous sales associate, that associate would get the commission. "Stealing" commissions was frowned upon. Going into this company with little to no experience is not a problem, because they teach you all you need to know about the product, although experience is a plus. They have a 401k program, stock options, and health insurance available, although I never took advantage of these (I wish I had!).

Cons

Because it's a "starter" company (that is, one where it's fairly easy to get your first job), there's sometimes a high employee turnaround. Add to that the temporary help around the holiday seasons, it's sometimes difficult to form a repoire with your coworkers. I occasionally experienced some sexism from the customers, who didn't think a woman would know anything about electronics.

I have no advice for upper management. They have a lot on their plate, obviously.

Worst job in America

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros? There are no pros working at this horrible place, McDonald's is a better place to work than here

Cons

Everything, having to sell rip off service plans, maintaining sales numbers that do not benefit you in anyway other than not getting yelled at, radioshack makes it obvious they do not care about you in anyway shape or form, all they care about are numbers not people, worst job I've ever had

Stop treating us like cattle, quit pressuring us into numbers that we have no reason to care about

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack