RadioShack

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Focus on employees

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount
Employee phone plans
Working with Reps from other companies

Cons

Low pay across the board
Low compensation for performance
Irregular work hours
High turn over

There is a major concern in almost every store i've been in or around as to why the employees don't seem happy. Some of the time it's because their manager works 8-5 everyday and makes the rest of the associates close every day. Sometimes it's because when they sell a three line family plan of new phones they make $48 when they used to make $100. But all of that put together doesn't matter next to the fact that every DM is being yelled at by a higher up, every manager is being yelled at by a DM, and it all comes down to the associates. There needs to be a sense of appreciation from management.

1557 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Worst job in America

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros? There are no pros working at this horrible place, McDonald's is a better place to work than here

Cons

Everything, having to sell rip off service plans, maintaining sales numbers that do not benefit you in anyway other than not getting yelled at, radioshack makes it obvious they do not care about you in anyway shape or form, all they care about are numbers not people, worst job I've ever had

Stop treating us like cattle, quit pressuring us into numbers that we have no reason to care about

The company is going under. Who goes to radioshack when they wanna buy something??

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at RadioShack full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can say the time that I worked there I found nothing that would qualify as a "Pro" Maybe we did have cheap mobile phones??

Cons

Long hours, min wage (unless you can sell thousands and thousands of dollars worth) They want you to sell wireless phones, batteries, and there completely dumb service plans to every customer that comes in the door. I'll be the first to tell you the problem starts with the customers, they do not come through the door. If a customer is coming into buy a mobile device and they don't buy accessories. The sales rep gets counceled on why he/she did not sell accessories with the phone. If that happens alot...FIRED. Sames goes with service plans on devices. We also had to hound the customers in the store and try to push everything on them to buy. Worst job I ever had. Oh and I was a manager trainee. I resigned after 2 months because I was tired of my regional director wanting me to yell at my employees because the store had no traffic.

Give it up already....walmart sells the same things you do. But unlike RS, walmart is MUCH cheaper

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack