There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Great Job for College student

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Staff and management, Great Pay Minimum wage+ Commission, Very flexible with hours and relocating, Great discounts and benefits, Lots of room to move up within the company.

Cons

Customers aren't always friendly, Alot of different goals and metrics you have to meet every month, Alot of things to keep track of and offer to every customer, ex: Batteries, Cell phones, Service plans ect.

Don't put so much emphasis on offering things to every customer. Not all customers are right for the things being offered to them, and a lot of them are put off by having so many things thrown at them.

1375 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Worst job in America

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros? There are no pros working at this horrible place, McDonald's is a better place to work than here

Cons

Everything, having to sell rip off service plans, maintaining sales numbers that do not benefit you in anyway other than not getting yelled at, radioshack makes it obvious they do not care about you in anyway shape or form, all they care about are numbers not people, worst job I've ever had

Stop treating us like cattle, quit pressuring us into numbers that we have no reason to care about

Great discounts, flexible schedule, terrible pay.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discounts are great, you can get an employee plan on verizon att or sprint, not to mention it can be a very relaxed work environment if you are at a slow store (so you won't make any real money)

Cons

Over the years compensation has turned in to a big joke. You MUST perform in all metrics (service plans, batteries, cell phones, etc) to get any sort of bonus as an associate. As a asst manager I am making less than when I was just a salesman on the past pay structure.

Pay is terrible, if we had performance spiffs back and a better pay rate your employees would be more loyal and work harder.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!