RadioShack

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Great Job for College student

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Staff and management, Great Pay Minimum wage+ Commission, Very flexible with hours and relocating, Great discounts and benefits, Lots of room to move up within the company.

Cons

Customers aren't always friendly, Alot of different goals and metrics you have to meet every month, Alot of things to keep track of and offer to every customer, ex: Batteries, Cell phones, Service plans ect.

Don't put so much emphasis on offering things to every customer. Not all customers are right for the things being offered to them, and a lot of them are put off by having so many things thrown at them.

1572 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Very friendly for full and part-timers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers and staff that I worked with were all very friendly, and there was a 10% discount in place for employees who wanted to buy merchandise. The stores within the area all worked pretty closely together, so that if a customer needed a part that we didn't have in stock, one of us could drive over and pick up the part. Besides our hourly pay, we also worked on commission, and if a customer mentioned the name of a previous sales associate, that associate would get the commission. "Stealing" commissions was frowned upon. Going into this company with little to no experience is not a problem, because they teach you all you need to know about the product, although experience is a plus. They have a 401k program, stock options, and health insurance available, although I never took advantage of these (I wish I had!).

Cons

Because it's a "starter" company (that is, one where it's fairly easy to get your first job), there's sometimes a high employee turnaround. Add to that the temporary help around the holiday seasons, it's sometimes difficult to form a repoire with your coworkers. I occasionally experienced some sexism from the customers, who didn't think a woman would know anything about electronics.

I have no advice for upper management. They have a lot on their plate, obviously.

Focus on employees

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount
    Employee phone plans
    Working with Reps from other companies

Cons

Low pay across the board
    Low compensation for performance
    Irregular work hours
    High turn over

There is a major concern in almost every store i've been in or around as to why the employees don't seem happy. Some of the time it's because their manager works 8-5 everyday and makes the rest of the associates close every day. Sometimes it's because when they sell a three line family plan of new phones they make $48 when they used to make $100. But all of that put together doesn't matter next to the fact that every DM is being yelled at by a higher up, every manager is being yelled at by a DM, and it all comes down to the associates. There needs to be a sense of appreciation from management.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack