There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

the shack

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, OR
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, OR

I worked at RadioShack part-time (less than a year)

Pros

kind people, informative and constructive criticism. They let you learn hands on, and were willing to let me take charge of my tasks and get things done. They are patient and understanding and overall good people to be around.

Cons

working together as a team with new members is hard for some people that have been there a long time. Some of the employees are tough to work with because they are set in their own ways of doing things and are not looking for any change.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Job for College student

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Staff and management, Great Pay Minimum wage+ Commission, Very flexible with hours and relocating, Great discounts and benefits, Lots of room to move up within the company.

Cons

Customers aren't always friendly, Alot of different goals and metrics you have to meet every month, Alot of things to keep track of and offer to every customer, ex: Batteries, Cell phones, Service plans ect.

Don't put so much emphasis on offering things to every customer. Not all customers are right for the things being offered to them, and a lot of them are put off by having so many things thrown at them.

2. Very friendly for full and part-timers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers and staff that I worked with were all very friendly, and there was a 10% discount in place for employees who wanted to buy merchandise. The stores within the area all worked pretty closely together, so that if a customer needed a part that we didn't have in stock, one of us could drive over and pick up the part. Besides our hourly pay, we also worked on commission, and if a customer mentioned the name of a previous sales associate, that associate would get the commission. "Stealing" commissions was frowned upon. Going into this company with little to no experience is not a problem, because they teach you all you need to know about the product, although experience is a plus. They have a 401k program, stock options, and health insurance available, although I never took advantage of these (I wish I had!).

Cons

Because it's a "starter" company (that is, one where it's fairly easy to get your first job), there's sometimes a high employee turnaround. Add to that the temporary help around the holiday seasons, it's sometimes difficult to form a repoire with your coworkers. I occasionally experienced some sexism from the customers, who didn't think a woman would know anything about electronics.

I have no advice for upper management. They have a lot on their plate, obviously.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack