RadioShack

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Worst job in America

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Andover, MA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros? There are no pros working at this horrible place, McDonald's is a better place to work than here

Cons

Everything, having to sell rip off service plans, maintaining sales numbers that do not benefit you in anyway other than not getting yelled at, radioshack makes it obvious they do not care about you in anyway shape or form, all they care about are numbers not people, worst job I've ever had

Stop treating us like cattle, quit pressuring us into numbers that we have no reason to care about

1506 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Great discounts, flexible schedule, terrible pay.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounts are great, you can get an employee plan on verizon att or sprint, not to mention it can be a very relaxed work environment if you are at a slow store (so you won't make any real money)

Cons

Over the years compensation has turned in to a big joke. You MUST perform in all metrics (service plans, batteries, cell phones, etc) to get any sort of bonus as an associate. As a asst manager I am making less than when I was just a salesman on the past pay structure.

Pay is terrible, if we had performance spiffs back and a better pay rate your employees would be more loyal and work harder.

The company is going under. Who goes to radioshack when they wanna buy something??

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at RadioShack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I honestly can say the time that I worked there I found nothing that would qualify as a "Pro" Maybe we did have cheap mobile phones??

Cons

Long hours, min wage (unless you can sell thousands and thousands of dollars worth) They want you to sell wireless phones, batteries, and there completely dumb service plans to every customer that comes in the door. I'll be the first to tell you the problem starts with the customers, they do not come through the door. If a customer is coming into buy a mobile device and they don't buy accessories. The sales rep gets counceled on why he/she did not sell accessories with the phone. If that happens alot...FIRED. Sames goes with service plans on devices. We also had to hound the customers in the store and try to push everything on them to buy. Worst job I ever had. Oh and I was a manager trainee. I resigned after 2 months because I was tired of my regional director wanting me to yell at my employees because the store had no traffic.

Give it up already....walmart sells the same things you do. But unlike RS, walmart is MUCH cheaper

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack