RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Do not even consider a job here Written By: One of the Top Employees of the company

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

.............they give you a free T-shirt .

everything is against you from day one so if you actually have success in this company you will be qualified to work anywhere in retail.

Cons

Where do i start.........
Pay gets cut every year
Your sales goals increase even if your store traffic doesn't go up
They change your pay structure to steal money from your check
there training program is laughable
your store will always be understaffed
Out dated selling strategies
You and your store team will carry the burden for the companies failures
company policies prevent you from going above and beyond for customers
company still hasn't become stable since it launched.
most un orginized company out there.

Management has no power to change anything. It is the Regional and district managers who need to get behind their employees and do some actual work on fixing the company. Better pay for emplyees. better work hours and practices. HIRE ONE MORE PERSON FOR EVERY STORE. keep your managers fresh and rested. UPDATE YOUR SALES TECHNIQUES.

1639 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Great Job for College student

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Staff and management, Great Pay Minimum wage+ Commission, Very flexible with hours and relocating, Great discounts and benefits, Lots of room to move up within the company.

Cons

Customers aren't always friendly, Alot of different goals and metrics you have to meet every month, Alot of things to keep track of and offer to every customer, ex: Batteries, Cell phones, Service plans ect.

Don't put so much emphasis on offering things to every customer. Not all customers are right for the things being offered to them, and a lot of them are put off by having so many things thrown at them.

Very friendly for full and part-timers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The managers and staff that I worked with were all very friendly, and there was a 10% discount in place for employees who wanted to buy merchandise. The stores within the area all worked pretty closely together, so that if a customer needed a part that we didn't have in stock, one of us could drive over and pick up the part. Besides our hourly pay, we also worked on commission, and if a customer mentioned the name of a previous sales associate, that associate would get the commission. "Stealing" commissions was frowned upon. Going into this company with little to no experience is not a problem, because they teach you all you need to know about the product, although experience is a plus. They have a 401k program, stock options, and health insurance available, although I never took advantage of these (I wish I had!).

Cons

Because it's a "starter" company (that is, one where it's fairly easy to get your first job), there's sometimes a high employee turnaround. Add to that the temporary help around the holiday seasons, it's sometimes difficult to form a repoire with your coworkers. I occasionally experienced some sexism from the customers, who didn't think a woman would know anything about electronics.

I have no advice for upper management. They have a lot on their plate, obviously.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack