Awful place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  College Station, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in College Station, TX

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some new friends. My General Manager was an incredibly competent person and a very skilled and helpful manager. His store is among the best in RS according to RS.

Cons

Everything else. Store management is fine, everyone above the store level is incompetent, vindictive, and generally unconcerned with anything other than keeping their lips firmly placed upon the rear end of their n+1. HR works half days in the summer, if that gives you a clue. My DM fired 5 managers for time card violations (salaried managers who didn't have time cards) and then used the resulting gain on the P&L as proof of how good the district was doing. (They since fired him, amazingly). Overall, it's a disaster and failing fast as a company. I even saw that same DM berate one employee for having cancer and another for calling in after his father passed away. Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule for DM's rather than the exception. I think they're on their 2nd CEO since I left.

Quit promoting uneducated idiots with no management skills to positions of senior management. That's killing the company and destroying morale.

Other Reviews for RadioShack

the shack

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Redmond, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, OR

I worked at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

kind people, informative and constructive criticism. They let you learn hands on, and were willing to let me take charge of my tasks and get things done. They are patient and understanding and overall good people to be around.

Cons

working together as a team with new members is hard for some people that have been there a long time. Some of the employees are tough to work with because they are set in their own ways of doing things and are not looking for any change.

Great Full-time experience, bad for part-timers

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Lincoln, RI
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lincoln, RI

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of sales training and competitive atmosphere. Does prepare you for a career in sales.

Cons

Terrible pay, lack of communication, Over Taxation of Management

Communicate and Reward and Recognize employees

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!