There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Awful place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  College Station, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in College Station, TX

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some new friends. My General Manager was an incredibly competent person and a very skilled and helpful manager. His store is among the best in RS according to RS.

Cons

Everything else. Store management is fine, everyone above the store level is incompetent, vindictive, and generally unconcerned with anything other than keeping their lips firmly placed upon the rear end of their n+1. HR works half days in the summer, if that gives you a clue. My DM fired 5 managers for time card violations (salaried managers who didn't have time cards) and then used the resulting gain on the P&L as proof of how good the district was doing. (They since fired him, amazingly). Overall, it's a disaster and failing fast as a company. I even saw that same DM berate one employee for having cancer and another for calling in after his father passed away. Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule for DM's rather than the exception. I think they're on their 2nd CEO since I left.

Quit promoting uneducated idiots with no management skills to positions of senior management. That's killing the company and destroying morale.

1385 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Be jealous!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Kilgore, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kilgore, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a relaxed atmosphere, you learn a lot about electronics and many other products. It is not JUST a Radio Shack Franchise, so you learn about the other side of it, Loud N Clear, which is car audio and products like that. They work with college schedules, and you become like a part of a family here.

Cons

Only open until 6 pm, so if you're looking for an evening job, this isn't for you.

No faith in the products provided

Former Employee - Manager In Training  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Sacramento, CA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ability to provide insight to customers in an intimate environment.

Cons

products management people environment store locations

stock better products your employees can believe in!

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!