RadioShack

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Unattainable expectations

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's just a job and you do receive a very poor spiff compensation for selling phones. The spiff compensation two years ago was very nice

Cons

There is too many to list! It was a good thing that the CEO resigned or was fired! He took an almost 300% pay increase while the rest of us suffered in our spiff compensation. You will be treated like dogs if you hit your unattainable attach metrics. The executives are so out of touch with these metrics that if it were that easy you guys get your butts down here and see if you could do it! The answer would be a huge NO. The customers are as dumb as the come! We are always being interrupted by a prepaid customer who is having a problem with their garbage phone!! Stay away from this company as it will drive you nuts.

You people need to go far away!!!

1473 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

From amazing to fired in 1 day.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy technology, you'll enjoy the job for a little while until the corporate yahoo's make you hate it.

Cons

6 day work weeks for store managers. Bonus offered, but with impossibly high standards to receive regularly. Constant pressure from upper management. No room for internal growth, 98% of upper management hiring comes from outside the company.

If you can last a few years, could be a decent resume booster due to the high level of operations you are responsible for, however due to the lack of advancement opportunity and the downright awful way they treat their employees, stay far far away. My Regional Sales Director (highest position you'll ever meet) was hired in from Blockbuster, a company recently in Chapter 11. I know of 3 different store managers with 20+ years of experience, two with degrees who were passed over before the second round of interviews. If you have stock in Radioshack, sell now.

Be jealous!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kilgore, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kilgore, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a relaxed atmosphere, you learn a lot about electronics and many other products. It is not JUST a Radio Shack Franchise, so you learn about the other side of it, Loud N Clear, which is car audio and products like that. They work with college schedules, and you become like a part of a family here.

Cons

Only open until 6 pm, so if you're looking for an evening job, this isn't for you.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack