There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Unattainable expectations

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's just a job and you do receive a very poor spiff compensation for selling phones. The spiff compensation two years ago was very nice

Cons

There is too many to list! It was a good thing that the CEO resigned or was fired! He took an almost 300% pay increase while the rest of us suffered in our spiff compensation. You will be treated like dogs if you hit your unattainable attach metrics. The executives are so out of touch with these metrics that if it were that easy you guys get your butts down here and see if you could do it! The answer would be a huge NO. The customers are as dumb as the come! We are always being interrupted by a prepaid customer who is having a problem with their garbage phone!! Stay away from this company as it will drive you nuts.

You people need to go far away!!!

1375 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

From amazing to fired in 1 day.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you enjoy technology, you'll enjoy the job for a little while until the corporate yahoo's make you hate it.

Cons

6 day work weeks for store managers. Bonus offered, but with impossibly high standards to receive regularly. Constant pressure from upper management. No room for internal growth, 98% of upper management hiring comes from outside the company.

If you can last a few years, could be a decent resume booster due to the high level of operations you are responsible for, however due to the lack of advancement opportunity and the downright awful way they treat their employees, stay far far away. My Regional Sales Director (highest position you'll ever meet) was hired in from Blockbuster, a company recently in Chapter 11. I know of 3 different store managers with 20+ years of experience, two with degrees who were passed over before the second round of interviews. If you have stock in Radioshack, sell now.

Awful place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in College Station, TX

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some new friends. My General Manager was an incredibly competent person and a very skilled and helpful manager. His store is among the best in RS according to RS.

Cons

Everything else. Store management is fine, everyone above the store level is incompetent, vindictive, and generally unconcerned with anything other than keeping their lips firmly placed upon the rear end of their n+1. HR works half days in the summer, if that gives you a clue. My DM fired 5 managers for time card violations (salaried managers who didn't have time cards) and then used the resulting gain on the P&L as proof of how good the district was doing. (They since fired him, amazingly). Overall, it's a disaster and failing fast as a company. I even saw that same DM berate one employee for having cancer and another for calling in after his father passed away. Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule for DM's rather than the exception. I think they're on their 2nd CEO since I left.

Quit promoting uneducated idiots with no management skills to positions of senior management. That's killing the company and destroying morale.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!