I would rather live in a box under a bridge than work at Radioshack EVER AGAIN

Former Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company car and free gas

Cons

Required 6 day work weeks. Constant micro-management. No money spent on store improvements. Low pay for managers and associates only allows for the hiring of the bottom of the barrel. I was a DM and had never seen so much internal theft. I don't condone theft, but if you pay your people as bad as they do then treat them horribly, this will happen.

Changes need to be made from the top down. I suggest you either close down and liquidate, or sell off to a proven company like Best Buy.

Other Reviews for RadioShack

Ten years with RS and had lots of opportunity to watch changes in business.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great customer base. Local stores, mostly in malls. Good training processes, inventory levels usually kept up with sales. Initial few years had good home and district office support. As a tech sales company sales flowed with internet expansion.

Cons

Competition build up , Too many stores ,ad budget and payroll took huge cuts. focus on wireless sales confused image and history,,, wasn't a clean break. Bonuses for store employees and salaries cut. Leadership has always been by intimidation or threats. Corp hasn't been able to decide on winning system last fours years just cost cutting Stock price has dropped from about 40.00 down to $ 2.50 , Tuition reimbursement was eliminated.

Close 25 percent of stores. Advertise . Stock stores beyond one to display and one to show. Specialize store in market ex. Two parts stores and six wireless , Rename company ! Buying from a Shack doesn't create confidence, Set stores , products and services and advertising for women...they shop and buy, but the Shack has been set up and run by guys.

I can't believe this is my life.

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Get paid to do nothing, only work mid shifts, pretty easy to request time off. No stringent responsibility, so you can basically do whatever you like. It's a pretty easy job.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, no room to move up, constant micromanaging, totally clueless managers and district managers, poor computer systems etc.

Do your job so associates and managers can do theirs.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!