RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
  www.radioshack.com
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Good idea, bad follow through

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company had potential, used to have integrity.

Cons

Company will never reach potential with current Upper Management.

This company has turned into a temporary machine that uses people up and spits them out.?I am saddened with my belief that something good could have been great again but I suppose that is what you get when you bring in employees from a failed company to run another company.

1505 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Horrible company to work for or to buy from.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in DFW, TX

I worked at RadioShack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work hours, decent discount.

Cons

Low pay, to many minor store changes. The store tries to be something they are not, they ask you to change prices weekly and move things around. That is really not helping anything. They want you to know everything about every product in the store, yet do not train you to know any of it. They want to push warranties on every item, wich i have no problem with, except for the reason they are doing it. It is not about protecting the customer or trying to be helpful, they just want the extra income.
    Now to the biggest Con. They want to be a cell phone store. well they teach you NOTHING about the products, give you no time to play with/learn the new devices. You get a short lil quiz and then bam hope you know about it. All you are at radioshack is a middle man. Half the time when setting up a new phone purchase or upgrade you have to call the provider to get them to do it for you, because you do not have the access to all of the account. It is just a joke, they have fees people should not have to pay. They force the employees to sell at least 2 items with the purchase of a phone. If you do not sell the 2 items with the phone you get bad numbers.

Radioshack is basically now just a cell phone kiosk that you see all over the place.

Start looking for new jobs, company will not last.

I would rather live in a box under a bridge than work at Radioshack EVER AGAIN

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company car and free gas

Cons

Required 6 day work weeks. Constant micro-management. No money spent on store improvements. Low pay for managers and associates only allows for the hiring of the bottom of the barrel. I was a DM and had never seen so much internal theft. I don't condone theft, but if you pay your people as bad as they do then treat them horribly, this will happen.

Changes need to be made from the top down. I suggest you either close down and liquidate, or sell off to a proven company like Best Buy.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack