There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Terrible!

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time  in  Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pros was that the store was right next to my house so I didn't have to travel far to go to a job I resent soo badly
Base pay plus commission, so my paycheck would be decent just as long as I sell products.

Cons

Tooo much pressure to sell cell phones!! Didn't matter if you just sold a laptop with printer along with a new ipod touch 32 gb. If you didn't sell a cell phone, manager would get upset. Mind you, I work for Radio Shack in a mall filled with cell phone stores next door! Why would anyone really think of heading over to radio shack for their cell phone, when their phone company is right next door???

Manager and Assistant managers made the environment seemed cold and they would play favoritism

Boring place to work

Be more friendly and stop hassling workers to sell cell phones when they are practically selling your whole store already!

1375 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Don't work for target mobile or radio shack

Current Employee - Sales Manager Target Mobile  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Sales Manager Target Mobile in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Target employees are great most days they will be the only ones to talk with. Target discount.

Cons

Pay is horrible district managers are idiots. Do not expect any growth with them they will not survive past march 2013 read the q3 investor call radikshack is calling it quits with target a d they will not promote you to another location (ask your Dm what hapend with the Sam's club buyout) unless you love standing around for hours with low pay and 3 hours of conference calls each week and hundreds of text from the dm revving you for sales with no inventory or the phones no one wants and can buy cheaper any place else stay away.

Stop lying to the managers and get some inventory no one is going to order something when you can go less then a Block away and buy it cheaper. Stop pushing your epp plans they are crap at least best buys insurance is a zero deductible and they give you a free loaner phone. Radikshack epp $100 deductible and a 2 week turn around all for 8$ a month who would do that. Why can't they get iPhone 5 yet if you are going to offer presales make sure you can get the product great customer service no wonder they are almost bankrupted.

Terrible, abusive management.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, and most stores are only open for eleven hours.

Cons

Upper management is clueless, there is no system for raises, your salary is entirely dependent upon your neighborhood and customers because of sales commission.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!