There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Its a job, that's about all that can be said

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at RadioShack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, culture in store is good if you take part. Upper management positively supported sales and management meetings were laid back but focused.

Cons

The expectations are to make RadioShack your life. As a manager you'll work long hours and unless you are in a high volume store there's a decent chance your employees will make more then you do from promotional bonuses (celluar sales)

Advice to Management

Restructure how employees/management are paid for cellular sales. Paying a commission per sale on an individual basis leads management into sometimes wanting to take sales for themselves to pad their meager paycheck rather then promoting sales staff to generate sales and leaving the managing to the managers

Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack

1. slow work & low pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have found that hours are flexible and management is very easy to work with. The store is usually pretty slow (no surprise when you look at how the company is performing), so there isn't much demand.

Cons

The base pay is low and most employees seem to have poor work ethics. The online training was adequate, but lacked on-the-job training. The store is usually pretty slow (no surprise when you look at how the company is performing), so there is a lot of boring down time.

2. Radio Shack - Target Mobile

Current Employee - Kiosk Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Kiosk Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been a manager for almost 2 years and I love running my Target Mobile Kiosk. I manage 2 associates set schedules and responsible for the whole operation. New commission rates are easy to understand and to obtain.

Cons

Managers are required to work a min of 6 hrs every sat and sun but with personal time, vacation time and a flexible district manager this is not a big issue.

Advice to Management

Became manager from an associate in less than 6 months. Started as a part time assoc. then full time then manager