There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Bad corporate, bad pay, slow stores

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Lewisville, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Theres really not a lot I can say positive about this company. If you happen to be a store manager you do get the flexibility to make your own schedule.

Cons

Pay for regular hourly employees is minimum wage. There are no raises. The company believes that you make your own raises by selling more cell phones and getting more spiffs. Recently corporate changed policies in an effort to make the job better for employees. In the short amount of time since that, they have altered or canceled almost all of these changes. Overall, it seems like they just don't care enough for their employees and it shows in the turnover that the stores experience.

1374 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Very positive

I worked at RadioShack part-time

Pros

Good salary, nice manager, learning how to interact with customers on the sales floor all helped me advance.

Cons

None really, although I was a student and had a lot to learn the staff was always patient in training me in the front and back offices.

Great Place to Learn

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Seattle, WA

I have been working at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to learn technology, sales, and how to talk to customers. Company is really making the move to mobile phones.

Cons

SPIFFS are too low, asking customers for "add ons" like batteries is most of the time pointless

Get the right in store managers and give them room to be promoted.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!