RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
  www.radioshack.com
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Laid back work environment, low pay

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Princeton, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Princeton, NJ

I worked at RadioShack part-time (less than an year)

Pros

During the christmas holidays it was great because everyone was buying cell phones, which led to higher spiff. Most of the staff were young and friendly, except for a few. My manager was pretty laid back and didn't care if we used our cell phone while the store was slow. I am also a college student so my manager definitely tried to work with my school schedule.

Cons

Due to the fact that I am a twenty year old girl a good percentage of customers didn't think I was as knowledgeable as my male employees. Even though I had been working there longer then most of them. Also the training was not adequate at all. It mostly focused on cell phones with hardly any training on more technical stuff such as soldering and connectors.

1506 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Educational, but too much emphasis on certain sales.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The flexible scheduling and getting to work with new and emerging technologies is a lot of fun. If you're a big gadget nerd this is a fantastic place to bring your passion to.

Cons

The compensation and commission left something to be desired, forcing employees to be great salesmen if they wanted to make a decent living wage. I felt that it took away from the idea that people at RadioShack were supposed to have answers about technology, as all management wanted were people who could sell their highest priced products.

Placing more emphasis on a strong knowledge base will help bring customers back for bigger products and generate loyalty. Having employees who will only help you if you're there to make a big purchase is a big turn off for almost anyone.

somewhat ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at RadioShack part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a very easy job. Only when you deal with people its a whole different level.

Cons

Computer training. Not enough pay

Need to train their employees better

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack