RadioShack

www.radioshack.com
  www.radioshack.com
There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Only if you really need a job!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Frankfort, IL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Frankfort, IL

I worked at RadioShack part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Financial Benefits:
Good employee discount deals on cell phone contracts
Employee discount is decent

The employees I worked with were pretty nice and overall good people.

Cons

Our store manager was sometimes too busy getting her nails done and I was left alone in the store multiple times, even as a new employee. Radio Shack also wants you to up sell (a lot), even to the point where we would bargain with the customer that they could return the item right after the transaction went through, just to make sure the store statistics were still in check. These same figures are also the ones that determine if they are going to keep you as an employee. It's a sales position first, which I understand and it's not for everyone (it wasn't for me) but the stuff we did in our store just to make the numbers come out right....is that really value for the customer?

Focus on the customer. What do they need and what are they trying to do with the products at RadioShack. I think the stores also need to cut down on the clutter products and actually carry good products to compete with Best Buy and Amazon.

1507 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

Corporate fights daily to suppress what actually works and replace it with gobbledygoop that they dream up on Acid.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, Can be Rewarding, Flexible scheduling, flexible pay scale through spiffing, tons of downtime throughout your day, working with mobile phones, small team environment

Cons

customer base can vary wildly in terms of what they expect from you and also as to how they treat you, compensation varies too wildly to rely on in a general since, they continually take away paid opportunities, upper management has no hands-on experience with store level, most district managers and upwards have never spent a day working in stores.

Actually promote from within, create realistic sales expectations, stop changing spiffs [performance spiff *POOF*], I've lost more employees due to compensation changes than due to actual performance loss.

Demanding job with little to look forward too

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and days go by fast, most of the time

Cons

They are too focused on cell phone service. You either know how to sell phones or you loose your job.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack