not the worst

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Orleans, MA
Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Orleans, MA

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy work, good people, easy money

Cons

boost mobile, cell phones, customers.

Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack

1. hired as Assistant manager, stepped away quickly!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hanover, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hanover, PA

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people to work with. love my hours. great manager!! lots of locations so there is usually close to home

Cons

unobtainable goals! upper management will never understand what happens on the company level. nor will they understand why a small store cant level up to a big one.

Advice to Management

understand that as employees its important to find a way to compliment our achievements, and stop focusing on failure!! Just because it works in one area it may not work in another. its all about the type of consumer in the area. there is no way to be on the level everywhere

A company limbo, with no plan on staying relevant in the industry.

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discounts on employee phone lines and most of the tenured employees are knowlegdeable and friendly. Also we get to play around with new tech every so often.

Cons

As I said in the title Radio Shack has no concrete idea on its future. I've been with the company for three years from associate to store manager. In that time I have seen 2 CEO's, 3 Regional Managers, 6 District managers come and go. They tend hire from outside the company at these positions, so the oppurtunity for advancement is limited at best. Store managers are "required" to work a minimum 48 hours weekly granted there's no documentation of it at all and it was not listed in the job description. The pay for the actual hours we do work isn't comparable to that of somebody at the same position for other companies. There are no raises unless you are relocated to a higher volume store. You can bonus, but it's rare seeing that the goals that have to be met are unrealistic. My first two weeks as a manager I worked 158 hours for $1,500 you do the math. I could go on forever about the ever changing focus metrics, but I think what I've mentioned speaks volumes.

Advice to Management

Stop burning your managers out or at least compensate them for the hard work and hours they put in. Stop focusing so much on hard numbers every store is different depending on the demographic. Find some consistency on want direction you want to go in as a company, stop switching it up every 2-3 months. It confuses employees and annoys customers.